lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
johnb001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car 48V sluggish slow

I posted earlier thinking that my club car was a 36V but have since discovered that it is 48V. I've already checked the cables and water levels. In addition a response advised me to measure the voltage of each battery under load which is what I did. Each of the batteries measured 8 and a fraction volts and dropped to between 7.5 and 8.0 volts under load. So I'm back to square one in terms of what could have caused it to lack the pep and speed it had a few weeks ago.
johnb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car 48V sluggish slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb001 View Post
I posted earlier thinking that my club car was a 36V but have since discovered that it is 48V. I've already checked the cables and water levels. In addition a response advised me to measure the voltage of each battery under load which is what I did. Each of the batteries measured 8 and a fraction volts and dropped to between 7.5 and 8.0 volts under load. So I'm back to square one in terms of what could have caused it to lack the pep and speed it had a few weeks ago.
I take my batteries down to 48.4 which is about 50% charge of the pack. My fully charged pack is near 51 volts +/- .1 volt. If all of your batteries were at 8 volts then your pack is 48 volts or in the 40's% charged and based on some being at 7.5 your pack is even lower.

You mentioned that you hardly use it and "This car is located at a second house near the beach and is only driven occasionally." (Previous thread.)

Some things to check out or consider:

“Saltwater” can affect many things…
Can you push the cart freely without a lot of resistance such as brakes rusty or rubbing, etc.?
If you leave your charger on will your batteries reach 8.5 or more volts or the entire pack reach near that 51 volt mark?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

One other thing...

Look at this picture of Trojan's Battery Table Readings. If any of your batteries are below 7.67 then they are also below 10% and that alone could be a major problem.

So again, if you fully charged your pack what are your battery voltage readings?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Battery Table.jpg (96.5 KB, 18 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
johnb001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to wait until the first weekend in June when I'm back at the beach.
johnb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car