lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium Boost Conversion

Like a lot of us I'm looking around for a lithium conversion and I ran across http://lithiumboost.com. I asked for a recieved a quote from them. It seems reasonable and I wanted to know what you guys think and if anyone has heard anything about the company or their conversions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LithiumBoostQuote.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Boost Conversion

Very interesting company. Reading through their website looks promising and the pricing seems on par with other sellers I've looked at.

Thanks for sharing.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just looking around on their website. There system has a charger for every cell and a single BMS. There is a customer install here. It looks like he cleaned up the wiring for the charges to make it neater and put sleeves around the charge wires. I wish they had some pictures of the BMS display.

It also looks like the setup a system with 200ah batteries that went 114 miles.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

The excessive wiring was the only negative I could see.

A whole lot of wires/cables vs the assembled packs the HAC was selling due to the multiple charging wires for each cell. Still a good deal IMO and plus they use new LiFeO2 cells which are less prone to catastrophic failure like other compounds offered.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium Boost Conversion

It is a more expensive way to go than doing a DIY kit yourself, but it is a one stop shopping experience. I don’t know what the story is with the BMS because if you have a single charger on every cell, in theory you don’t need a BMS since the chargers will essentially keep the pack balanced. Also, at 10A, that charger will probably take 7.5 hours to charge a 72ah pack from dead, verses 2.5 hours with a 25A charger (if that matters to you). Plus that’s just more chargers that can fail potentially. Just seems more of a complicated setup than necessary compared to a traditional single charger with a balancing BMS.

If you want an easy lithium pack and don’t mind paying a slight premium for it as a result, this is probably the easiest way to go. I wouldn’t want the individual chargers but that’s just my preference. This would definitely have been a faster and easier route than my current pack build. However if PingEye3 can get the chargers and BMS from Nick at EV and give you the wiring diagrams you could build a leaf pack for approximately $1,500 with the 60ah cells, maybe $1,800 with the 82ah. Nicks BMS and charger is easy to wire up. That’s a significant savings compared to $2,570+ shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I agree with you on the more points of failure, but they tout the multiple chargers as a simpler solution. Potato vs Potatoe.

As for the charge speed, I would always like to be able to charge as fast as possible, but that comes at a cost. Also, do I need to that fast of a charge? If I get 20 miles on a charge, I can probably go with a slower charger.

I do like the batteries that they use. They look to be comparable with the Leaf batteries. Electric Car Parts has lots of batteries and BMS. They sell CALB 70ah for $92 each and I would want 16 ($1472 + shipping) instead of the 15 that Lithium Boost has in their packs.

You should put a total cost of your solution in the beginning of your thread. I can't wait for you to run your charge test. You should video it.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ll actually go through the receipts I have and list it all out at some point. I’ll categorize it as necessary and accessory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
Goliath
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm going to be getting the 48/72ah setup next week.
Every year they have an end of year sale, which goes on next week.
It's 250 off the regular price.
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I'm going to be getting the 48/72ah setup next week.
Every year they have an end of year sale, which goes on next week.
It's 250 off the regular price.
Did you get the Lithium Boost system?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #10
Goliath
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I did, but have not installed it yet.

I just finished de-rustifying the battery cages, and painting the framework.

Am now trying to figure out logistics of where to put everything...
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium