lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #11
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Speed code 5 results

I have a magnet and speed code 3. Magnet + speed code 5, anyone running that?
portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Your next step should be upgraded controller. I have the Curtis 350 it is plug and play. Lots more power and will allow you to reach speeds you cart does not have the power to reach now.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

test
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #14
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It's unfortunate but the forum rules state any member can only have 1 account. That prohibits me from posing as my own customer and giving rave reviews. Unfortunately this is what happened if I Remember right.
Bottom line the speed magnet fools the control to allow extra rpm which equals additional speed. Unfortunately .......... you get no additional power just rpm and we know what happens on any incline But I won't be unfair - lets hear from the seller ........... snort Okay - sorry.
I hope your not insinuating that I'm the owner posting this. I paid full pop for this and I can post my pay pal receipt, gladly because I have a copy of it. It has my name and address on it too and the date purchased just so there's no question on it. Maybe that's what he did before, maybe that's why he got banned. I only saw one post where he did get banned but could not find out why. I also didn't find any info saying anything bad about it. I'm new here so I don't know what went on in the past, but I'm posting my honest results. I did not go down a hill either. I was on a flat road. I can post a video of it doing it again. I can also repeat the results with two totally different gps. I have a radar too if that's what's needed. I understand you sell magnets, and that's great. I preferred to go this route because it's easier and I didn't even get my hands dirty. Plus the magnet doesn't help the torque curve does it? This made a slight noticeable difference in tq.
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #15
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland View Post
If I am running speed code 3 (12-14 mph) on stock wheels, what speeds should I expect to see with speed code 5?

Also, will moving to speed code 5 kill my battery life? I use my cart for golf and I have a 4 mile round trip ride to/from the course so i need my cart to have good battery life.
With code 4 mine did 19. Then I put 20" tires (overall height vs 18" stock height) and it went 21-21.5mph. It did see 23 a couple times but on a super long stretch. With the 5 I can get to 23 no problem but 26 takes a while.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #16
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Your next step should be upgraded controller. I have the Curtis 350 it is plug and play. Lots more power and will allow you to reach speeds you cart does not have the power to reach now.
I plan on it. I'd rather plug an play and has to be reliable. Will it increase my starting tq? What about if I'm going along at part throttle and floor it....right now mine lags badly if I'm already moving. It does "ok" from a stop but not really what I want. Also can I run an upgraded (slightly) motor with it. I really only want 28-30mph but better tq and throttle response.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #17
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartguy View Post
With code 4 mine did 19. Then I put 20" tires (overall height vs 18" stock height) and it went 21-21.5mph. It did see 23 a couple times but on a super long stretch. With the 5 I can get to 23 no problem but 26 takes a while.

So I could bypass speed code 4 and just go from 3 to 5? 5 plus my high speed magnet should put me around 20mph which is all I am looking for. I don't need anything faster than that.

Did you notice your battery life range was shortened due to the higher speeds you can get? That is a big consideration for me as battery life is more important to me than speed. Would like to be able to run the cart all day on the golf course between charges.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #18
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland View Post
So I could bypass speed code 4 and just go from 3 to 5? 5 plus my high speed magnet should put me around 20mph which is all I am looking for. I don't need anything faster than that.

Did you notice your battery life range was shortened due to the higher speeds you can get? That is a big consideration for me as battery life is more important to me than speed. Would like to be able to run the cart all day on the golf course between charges.
Well it should not make a difference unless you stay at top speed for extended times. It may shorten it slightly but I doubt you will run out of juice because of it.

I don't think I would do both. I'd just do one or the other. The magnet is cheaper but I don't think it will do quite the same thing as the code 5. If you don't need 23+mph just do the magnet. I, like I said earlier, like the small bump in tq this gives in tq mode (I keep it in tq mode because it's the same top speed, and gets there quicker).
Old 03-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
I hope your not insinuating that I'm the owner posting this.
Scotty wasn't talking about you!
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #20
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Well it should not make a difference unless you stay at top speed for extended times. It may shorten it slightly but I doubt you will run out of juice because of it.

I don't think I would do both. I'd just do one or the other. The magnet is cheaper but I don't think it will do quite the same thing as the code 5. If you don't need 23+mph just do the magnet. I, like I said earlier, like the small bump in tq this gives in tq mode (I keep it in tq mode because it's the same top speed, and gets there quicker).

Good info, thanks 👍
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car