lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 12V Reducer Install

Just ordered the 12VDC reducer from Scotty, that also comes with the buss bar and the fuse panel. Being I'm not too experienced with wiring/electrical systems, I wanted to see if I am understanding the install properly, and had some other questions. Here are the steps I would think are necessary, as far as hooking up the wiring

1. Cut off the pig-tail connector on the reducer, to separate the yellow, green, red, and black wires.

2. Connect a wire from the (-) on the battery pack to one of the terminals on the buss bar (will have to fabricate a wire for this).

3. Connect the black wire from the reducer to buss bar (I will probably use the same terminal on the buss bar that was used for the (-) from the battery pack.)

4. Connect the red wire from the reducer to the (+) on the battery pack

5. Connect the green wire to the terminal on the fuse panel.

6. Connect the yellow wire to the ignition switch (does it matter which wire to tee off of?)

With the above setup, in order to power any 12vdc accessories, attached the negative lead to a buss bar terminal, and the positive lead to one of the locations on the fuse box, right?

So, my question is, I am also installing a light kit, complete with turn signals and a horn. Do these harnesses just have one (+) and one (-), that I would hook up to the fuse box and buss bar? Is it really that simple?

I'm decent at turning a wrench, but always got a little gun shy when dealing with electrical stuff, especially when it comes to wiring. So forgive my apparent ignorance, just wanting to make sure I do it correctly.
kobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 12V Reducer Install

Scotty's stuff usually comes with complete installation instructions that I expect would answer most of your questions and probably set you up for the rest of the work you have outlined.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds right, but yes it does matter which keyswitch terminal you use. One has power all the time, the other only has power when key is on (the one you want to hook yellow wire to).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
JFCalvano
Not Yet Wild

The yellow wire can and should be connected directly to power (with the red/main supply) if you have a radio with memory channels, settings, etc. Done this way, it won't draw much when not in use, but might need to be 'un plugged' if storing for several months. Consider an 'off season' switch if that's a concern.
JFCalvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO