lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
CincyPete
Not Yet Wild

Default need easy install of stereo and light kit for 2014 precedent

I just picked up a used 2014 Precedent I2 HF CHG and want to add headlights/rear lights and a stereo. I also need a 48volt converter. I would like to go with a canopy mount to keep it out of the weather and save room up front. Should i go with club car components to make it easy? Or are there aftermarket systems that are less costly and connect just as easily. Thanks.
CincyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
CincyPete
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need easy install of stereo and light kit for 2014 precedent

club car is recommending two converters which i dont want to do right? Madjax or scottyb the way to go? my first post so any help would be great. Not sure about fuses, switches, etc. thanks!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to BGW!

I'm a proud American so ScottyB over Chinese any day. Also his is cheaper. His comes with an In-line fuse. It has full instructions for just about any hookup.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
CincyPete
Not Yet Wild

thanks, that is what I will get. 30 amp should cover everything correct? any thoughts on the overhead radio system and light kit? Will LED headlights get me home at night or should I stick with halogen?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yup 30amp should be fine unless you start adding monster power amps for the stereo lol.

I installed my radio up top, it is nice but when i drive down rough roads it rattles too much but it isn't going anywhere. I installed a brush bar on my cart and added LEDs and they are super bright.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
CincyPete
Not Yet Wild

should i wire it to the ignition switch or have a separate switch? perhaps i should have it connected through a relay with the separate switch for the lights and stereo? can you tell this is new to me? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can wire this thing up several ways, things to remember is do not use the chassis as a ground. Most common people go to the key switch to activate the converter. You can also to the relay thing in certain cases. I'm fixing to wire mine in but I'm not going through the key. Depending on the location I may do several things but most likely I'll run the 48v (+) from the battery to a fuse then to the (+) on the converter which is also fused. The activation wire I'll go through a dash mounted switch & then to the same location of the 48v (+) utilizing the same fuse. I like having a fuse as close to the battery as possible. It is a simple circuit. Like I said it comes with a details color coded wiring diagram, It is easy to follow, just take your time.

I'm sure you will get numerous opinions or other ideas on how to wire it, most of them will work fine.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the radio up top, after doing it, I think I'd not do that again, with the speakers and radio way up there it weighs a bit and mounting is ok but I'd rather put it down below next time. Just another personal preference, the extra room at the bottom is nice but I probably could of do something to have speakers and the radio mounted below and still have storage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car