lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default My Speed code 5 results

I've searched on here for info on speed code 5. Seems like there's not much info at all and then I read the guy who does this was banned from here. Not sure why. I emailed the guy and he offered to call me. Ok, so I talked to him. Seemed like he was being honest and told me he'd give me my money back. Well not worried about that due to pay pal, I picked a box up from him. If I remember correctly he told me about 24-25mph is what I'd see. I ran it this morning stock with speed code 4 and 20" tall tires. I have it on video both runs before and after. But here's what it did before (I made multiple runs to confirm)

Then I went installed the speed code 5, honestly expecting nothing. Well to my surprise it actually did help. Not ground breaking but it did. Here's what it did after

Final thoughts. Speed mode and tq mode go the same speed. Tq mode feels slightly peppier. Stock mode (not sure why it's called stock mode) goes 21.xx mph. It made a difference but not as much as I was told (what's .3mph though?)

Folding windshield down was worth at least a mph.
My batts were run down and I didn't know it. My son drove it the other day and didn't plug the charge plug in. I doubt it would help anyway because I can feel the motor being limited when it gets to top speed. I may try it again when fully charged.
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My Speed code 5 results

No problem. Maybe there's something I don't know about on this unit? May be the reason there's not but one thread I found on here with a guy asking about it. I found a YouTube video of one guy making a run with his, he said it was faster but never mentioned what the before speed was. I just thought it would be helpful to the next newb like me looking for answers. Is it worth $150 for an increase in 2.2mph? Probably not unless you jus have to get past 23mph pretty much stock. I guess the money back guarantee is a catch 22.....yea you'll get your money back but you have to put the stock profile back in which loses your speed code 4 (if you have a code 4) so you must bring back to a dealer and pay $100 or so to get them to add it back. But in my case for some reason it still does 21 on the middle (supposedly stock) setting. Maybe I have a speed magnet in the motor, I dunno. I can feel the cart being slowed down....but very very lightly.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:16 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-code-5-a.html

In 2014 this was my results.

I have a 350 amp controller now MUCH better.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Ok here's an update. I charged the batteries and went for a little longer stretch. Seems like the controller is super neutered in terms of power delivery. Probably to keep amp draw at a minimum. Anyway, charged batts, windshield folded down, long stretch.....

Old 03-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
greg-g
Gone Wild

I guess you just can't beat charged batteries that is quite a difference
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If I am running speed code 3 (12-14 mph) on stock wheels, what speeds should I expect to see with speed code 5?

Also, will moving to speed code 5 kill my battery life? I use my cart for golf and I have a 4 mile round trip ride to/from the course so i need my cart to have good battery life.
portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Do the magnet. My 2 cents.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's unfortunate but the forum rules state any member can only have 1 account. That prohibits me from posing as my own customer and giving rave reviews. Unfortunately this is what happened if I Remember right.
Bottom line the speed magnet fools the control to allow extra rpm which equals additional speed. Unfortunately .......... you get no additional power just rpm and we know what happens on any incline But I won't be unfair - lets hear from the seller ........... snort Okay - sorry.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Do the magnet. My 2 cents.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car