lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
holmsey2012
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default k&n air filter

I am rebuilding an 86 marathon and it doesn't have the original air box. It has a universal foam type air filter. My question is, is this ok? Would a K&N type filter be safe to run? I know these engines can be finicky and want to limit any self inflicting wounds. Any thoughts?
holmsey2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: k&n air filter

I have a small after market air filter that sits right on top of the intake base of origional. Its an exposed paper filter type and is only around 4" tall. Works ok for me and easy to clean with the wing nut on top.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Keito
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't use a K&N on a vehicle in dusty conditions
They don't clean as well as paper
Keito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
redcloud
Gone Wild

I agree on no K&N in the condiotions that a cart runs in if you go on trails and such. Oil draws dust where as the paper does not actually draw it like oily substance does. Also you will have to clean a paper filter but it is not any time fun to do the cleaning and recharging of the K&N and I know as I have three on vehicles from motor home, truck and Tahoe.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO