lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Last piece of the puzzle

Ok I got the controller xtc500. The 6” double arm lift. The GBC Dirt Devils 23x10x10 all four corners. One last thing to order and it’s a tough one. The motor. I was thinking the AMD 7144 but now with the bigger tires I am thinking maybe a torque motor. I have done a ton of research on motors and I realized most people that have a spicific motor tend to talk them up. Going up inclines faster than 15mph would be nice. But top speed of 25 is important also. I have been putting this modification off because it’s hard to choose a motor without test driving a cart with that controller and motor. Or a similar set up. Unfortunately I am the only person I know that has a electric golf cart.
Thanks for reading comments are appropriated PS regan braking is a must.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Last piece of the puzzle

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...car-iq-regen-2

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...or-club-car-iq

You can have one or the other (speed or torque), but not both. Meaning the motor and its design is very different in construction. With most speed motors you get a little torque and with most torque motors you get a little speed. But primarily they are one or the other.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so the cart goes 28 mph now with the stock motor in it if I put a high torque motor in it I will get a little more speed. I can’t believe that is true. If that was the case I would buy one right now.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Old 11-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Torque motors aren't built to go fast. They're built for Torque. There is a "Speed Map" available with the MOT-A4 motor from Admiral but it's not recommended for use in cars with oversized tires. This configuration should result in slightly more speed than the factory setup but in order to do it, you're going to be running the motor outside of it's safe parameters and will shorten the life of the motor. I'm kind of shocked you're getting 28 MPH out of the factory motor. That's a bit extreme and out of the ordinary for sure. If you're wanting to go fast, I recommend a high speed motor. With the XCT 500 you're going to still have plenty of torque for your larger tires no matter which motor you choose. How fast are you wanting to go?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Torque motors aren't built to go fast. They're built for Torque. There is a "Speed Map" available with the MOT-A4 motor from Admiral but it's not recommended for use in cars with oversized tires. This configuration should result in slightly more speed than the factory setup but in order to do it, you're going to be running the motor outside of it's safe parameters and will shorten the life of the motor. I'm kind of shocked you're getting 28 MPH out of the factory motor. That's a bit extreme and out of the ordinary for sure. If you're wanting to go fast, I recommend a high speed motor. With the XCT 500 you're going to still have plenty of torque for your larger tires no matter which motor you choose. How fast are you wanting to go?
25mph top speed would be okay with me. It takes all day to get there now.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I Would like to haul *** up hills. But still have a cart that will go at least 25mph.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
I Would like to haul *** up hills. But still have a cart that will go at least 25mph.
72v. Just sayin.

Maybe it's time for you to talk to the motor builders. Plum Quick is probably very busy but you could try. Include EMP. (google emp motors). Not a sponsor so I can't link it. Suggest you take the time to read through this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-options.html
From the EZGO section but when talking motors the principles are the same.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'd look at the Executioner from Plum Quick if you want extreme performance.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'd look at the Executioner from Plum Quick.
I started to go there too, but he said in his first post regen braking was a must and Robby (PQ) removes almost all the regen capabilities from the Executioner.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car