lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
lilvampshark
Not Yet Wild

Default Resistor amps vs stock controller amps

Hey im back. hopefully this wont be a over loaded question.

I just acquired a 94 club car electric solid state (My first solid state system)
It seems way slower and quieter than my resistor carts of the past.

my main question is since a resistor system gives the full amount of amps and alot is wasted and lost in that system. how many amps is that? and would this be a reason why it seems so much slower and quieter it only hits about 10mph on a flat surface and crawls up hills and alot less "kick" than the solid states. i have a stock controller *250amp i assume. the batteries aren't very new but seems to have good readings fully charged.

Is this normal? i checked the v glide and it hits all of the posts. i disabled 1/2 speed for reverse and it goes pretty fast and has good torque actually more than forward.
lilvampshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
club car 1993, resistor, solid state controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car