lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Default Looking for advice on a 92 ez go?

Iam looking at a 92 gas 4stroke Ez-go golf cart. The guy says it runs but smokes sometimes, and have to play with the choke but it does run. I would guess it has been sitting for awhile. I would like to get you guys opinion on what you think it might need or common problems with these carts. Also he is asking $550 for the cart what do you guys think its worth? I know the paint isnt in great shape and alittle rough but I have a good friend that is a body guy so that part of it would be easy to fix.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (38.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 2.jpg (34.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 3.jpg (38.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 4.jpg (40.1 KB, 0 views)
dragnframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for advice on a 92 ez go?

If the suspension isn't bent, the frame isn't badly rusted (pay special attention to the cross piece that the swing arms are attached to) and the forward and reverse gears work well, then that is a good price- you could always do an engine swap.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Ok, where is this cross peice u mentioned, I wanna make sure Iam looking at the right thing if I go look at this. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
devast8ing
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The engine cradle mounts to the cross member, pay particular attention to the side the battery is on. Seems like its pretty common for older ezgos to smoke a little, I've seen a few last for years with a little smoking. If your a hands on kind of guy I would grab it.
devast8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8ing View Post
The engine cradle mounts to the cross member, pay particular attention to the side the battery is on. Seems like its pretty common for older ezgos to smoke a little, I've seen a few last for years with a little smoking. If your a hands on kind of guy I would grab it.
Thanks, I have no problems working on stuff I work and race motorcycles, but I have never owned a golf cart so its all a new thing to me. I have never even changed a spark plug on a cart so I wasnt sure how hard these things are to work on. He made it sound like maybe its a fuel problem maybe a drity carb and bad gas. Is there any common motor issues with an ez-go and are the easy to find engine parts for?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome!You can buy pretty much every part for the 4-stroke Marathons.The engines tend to need Head-Work or Rings.There have been issues with the cam-gears,so check that out if you go inside.The spot to check the frame is the crossmember below the front of the seat,where the swing-arm attaches to.Its' not real common,but that is the spot that seems to rust out when they do.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Buy it
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
dragnframe
Getting Wild

If a rebuild is in need, what can I expect to have in a rebuild and is there any special tools needed? Is this something you can do in a weekend? Thanks for the help guys I hope I can free up some time to go look at this here soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Another dumb question, Are the Ez-go easy to lower?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The rear uses coils,so you could cut them down,The front has Leaf-springs,I've seen alot of different ways to drop them(flip the springs upside-down,move the mounts under the axle,etc...).A basic rebuild could be done over a weekend,unless it needs machine-work(cylinder re-bore or valve-job).
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO