lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
skywarrs
Not Yet Wild

Default ez-go battery problem

hi my name is Chris and new to the forum,

I have a ez-go 27657 go1 golf cart, my batteries are all testing under 6.0, 5.7 as low as 4.5 and load testing of under 450 except two at 11 and 12, I believe or told I would need all new batteries? Does this sound correct?

The batteries where running right now are gfgc110 6volt. Can I safely upgrade to 8volt or would this be a problem or be unsafe?

Also, battery charger always worked fine, tested it and it seemed ok but would not start charging with the batteries so low or assumed it wouldn't. does this sound right, do the batteries have to have a certain level of charge for the charger to work correctly?

Could there be something else that could be the problem> any help would be great. If I can upgrade and get more power and life I will but if not safe let me know.

Thanks for the time and patience with this problem.
chris
skywarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ez-go battery problem

Chris, Welcome to BGW!

Your cart is a 36v system, and if it is stock (factory electrical setup) it must stay at 36v unless you replace certain items.

The number you provided sounds like a number for a sticker on the dashboard. Is there a metal tag in the passenger storage bin? If so, provide those numbers.

Your batteries are shot and must be replaced as a set.

The charger will NOT engage unless the pack meets a certain voltage threshold (around 28vdc). This is a safety feature. When you get your new batteries be sure to charge them yourself with the charger, no matter what ANYONE at the store tells you or you read with a meter. They are not charged until YOU charge them. There are battery break-in procedures here that will guide you along.

We can talk about upgrades all day long, but let's get the cart rolling on a known-good pack first.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: ez-go battery problem

I agree with gornoman 100%.

Lets get the cart going first. Those battery numbers are very low. Then we can talk upgrades.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
skywarrs
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: ez-go battery problem

ok, here's what I could find.

under dash area on right serial #L400 1331975

" Left side Kw 1.49 Golf Car KG 360.6

front of cart says Ez-go Textron and battery charger reads Textron as well.

also on the right side under seat the on / tow switch area reads do not over charge 48VDC.

hope this helps. I don't know if I need to upgrade., would like to find best battery for the $. any clue let me know. thanks for all the help.
skywarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Where is your Forward/Reverse control?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Serial no. indicates 2000 TXT (PDS)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
27657 go1, battery maintenance, ez-go electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO