lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
shaggy
Getting Wild

Default 89 2 stroke shifter adjustment

ever had a cart that would run better (alot better) if you move the shift lever just off forward position? ive been trying to figure out why mine dont really want to rev, always seems like its laboring to keep moving, ive cleaned the entire fuel system, ive BBQ'D the muffler, new plug, the works. THEN, my 10 yr old daughter, said it runs better if you move the shifter a little...Damned if it dont EXCEPT... when i tried it i moved it to far and blew the 30 amp fuse. has anyone done or heard of this, and will it hurt anything doing it. BTW thanks for all the help....shag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart rt side.jpg (92.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P4110890.jpg (68.2 KB, 3 views)
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 2 stroke shifter adjustment

By moving the shifter you are turning off the starter/generator reducing the load on the motor, Your voltage regulator may be bad causing generator to put out full charge consuming the most horsepower.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
shaggy
Getting Wild

man , if the generator draws that much power, it would almost be worth while to run it that way, i mean the engine smooths out (sounds like it supposed to, like it was new or something) the regulator was the first thing i replaced when i got the cart (burnt wires going to it), but then that would explain the lights that pulsate, ill put a meter to it to find out what generator is putting out...thanks for the input....shag
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
shaggy
Getting Wild

just pulled the regulator apart....little red wire inside that is broke...thanks again
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Glad I could help.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO