lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
david51849
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2002 club gas wont start

I have a 2002 club car gas which have just replaced solenoid, voltage regulator and battery. When ignition key is turned on and then put into forward or reverseon belt will spin, push pedal and it will start most times, one time maybe two. Then it will not start again for several hours.After the first or second time of starting when I put into fwrd or rvs the belt will not spin like not enough battery and push pedal it disconnects power to solenoid. Is this the starter generator? Thanks for the help in advance.
david51849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2002 club gas wont start

Welcome to BGW!!
Kinda new for needing brushes but If all of your battery cables and ground wires are clean and in good condition I would lean toward the brushes.

After you check your cables, remove both small wires from the solenoid and use two jumper wires from the pos and neg battery to the two small posts.
If it still acts up then it should be brushes.
If it starts alot better you have a loss of power coming to the solenoid from possible loose or dirty connection.

Keep us posted
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Actually, rereading the post, Are you saying when it won't start the starter is not spinning or it is spinning but won't start.
What belt is spinning? starter belt? just tighten it.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
david51849
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

When it will not start there is still power to the starter generator it acts like it wants to turn, if I took belt off I believe it would, but any way it has no power it seems like.
david51849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I gotcha!
Do the jumper test and then go from there.
When you do the test you dont have to press the pedal, It won't start but your just checking the starter/gen anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car