lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
rackinup
Not Yet Wild

Default Need advice

I currently have a lifted 05 PDS with 4gauge wire. Motor and controller stock. Batteries a getting weak.
Heres my question?
Should I spend the money and get a new Alltrax contoller and new batteries? Go 48v?
or
Should I buy a lifted 48v yamaha with new batteries and sell my cart?

The cart will be used for hunting and neighborhod (with hills) riding.
THanks in advance for the help. This is great site.
rackinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need advice

If the yamaha is new it will come with a 4 year warranty. I like the yamaha better due to seats are plastic underneath nad are alittle bigger. the down side to the yamaha is teh spindle lift from jakes makes the cart have to have a football field to turn around. The turning radius is greatly reduced.

I personally like the Yamaha better due to suspension design, rides better IMO. it has coil springs unstead of leafs. I dont feel that one 48v is stronger than the other when camparing ezgo to yamaha. they feel about the same. but comparing a lifted 48v yami to a 36v lifted ezgo there is a diff when pulling.

Be carefull driving your PDS cart with weak batteries. you will/can burn up the controller. As far as trading goes, its up to you. Do you want to put 1500 more in your cart for batteries and controller or buy a new yami with 4 year warranty for 6000 or so.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO