lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default annoying reverse buzzer

So I just installed a new heavy duty F&R switch in my 99 ez-go txt series cart and when I put it in reverse the new buzzer sounds like a delivery truck backing up. Does anyone know how the he** i can disconnect that baby, it is very annoying!
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: annoying reverse buzzer

From the posts I've read you shouldn't disconnect it. You can do one of two things to silence it alot.1 Put a piece of duct tape over the small hole on the buzzer. 2 If it is still to loud put a small piece of a cotton ball in the hole then apply tape. Just what I've read from other posts. One of the smart people will be along soon to help if this isn't a thing you want to try.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not one of the 'smart people' for certain, but i just unplugged mine under the dash on a Club Car. It stays at a hunting lease and it defeats the purpose of me having an electric cart for quietness. There is nobody there for me to be warning that i am backing up.

BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

On Ezgo's the buzzer is how you know what code you have if something doesn't work. Put tape over the hole to make it way quite. When you put a PDS model in dinostic mode the back up beeper is how you know what code you have.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't remember the thread, but it's on here, you just drill out the two rivets holding the on\off switch cover on. Then pull the orange wire off the buzzer, I used drywall mounting screws in place of the rivets. Now if I need to do some "diagnostics" I can just unscrew the plate and plug it back up
uhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I went with the cotton ball and tape and it still sucks, I know the beeper is for codes but is there a certain wire I can put a terminal disconect on to make it stop unless I have an issue then I can plug it back in? My old F&R switch shorted out the buzzer when someone tried to hook up a stereo "ok that might have been me but I am not admitting to it".
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #7
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Try a foam ear plug. roll it up tight and then tape over it.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

i don't know about on ezgo's, but on my Club Car i can just reach up behind the dash from the front of the cart and unplug one of the blade terminals on the buzzer.
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 AM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I've used paper towel in the actual hole and then tape over that to get a resonable level.
I can tell you that despite all the honorable reasons that we argue to keep it connected, i.e.; pets, children, etc..... I keep it connected so that I know it's in reverse. I launched my jet skis and the cart once, and backed into a trailer that I had dropped. Punched a big ole hole in the back of the body and nearly took out the air box and carb
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I've used paper towel in the actual hole and then tape over that to get a resonable level.
I can tell you that despite all the honorable reasons that we argue to keep it connected, i.e.; pets, children, etc..... I keep it connected so that I know it's in reverse. I launched my jet skis and the cart once, and backed into a trailer that I had dropped. Punched a big ole hole in the back of the body and nearly took out the air box and carb
ouch.now theres a good lesson.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO