lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Default Interchangability of parts EZGO Medalist series cart and TXT series

I have 1 madalist and 3 txt series carts... the medalist cart was not running when i got it and the components all look rough. I just rebuilt the battery box in it with bedframe, now its time to get it running... I have another EZGO 2002 TXT series cart I wanted to upgrade all the components in it... So, i was hoping to take the components from my running txt cart and switch them over to the medalist. Can I just switch all the components (Curtis 5 pin controller, solenoid, F&R switch) over to the medalist? Are there any issues with interchangeability between the medalist and txt series, or in converting 1 to the other??? Thanks for your help in advance!!!
texman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I have a EZGO Madalist series cart I'm trying to get going????

The controller, solenoid, F/R switch and motor along with batteries and high current cables are all interchangeable between a Medalist with a series drive and a TXT with a series drive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I have a EZGO Madalist series cart I'm trying to get going????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The controller, solenoid, F/R switch and motor along with batteries and high current cables are all interchangeable between a Medalist with a series drive and a TXT with a series drive.
Thanks Johnny! so I can just pull, plug n play... thats what i was hoping... so the foot pedal and key switch wires are the same as well? and will plug right into the F&R switch just like the txt series cart? Are there wiring diagram(s) that are user friendly for the txt/medalist carts... so many i've seen are so technical i'm afraid i'll screw it up, after almost roasting my controller the other night I'm a little gun shy now... looks like the charging port is different, i may switch that over as well to the newer paddle type... i dont think i have a charger that has the older type paddle... does anyone prefer the older type or is there anything inherently wrong with the older type paddle receptacle or paddle?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Interchangability of parts EZGO Madalist series cart and TXT series

They both use a Curtis 1206 controller, so the five pin plug is wired the same.

You mentioned the Medalist has the old style charger port, so the first attachment is a schematic for it and the second attachment is for a TXT.

The difference between the two are where the charge port and wires from the charge port connect and the voltage source for MS-2.

I've never had any dealing with the older style charge port (Anderson SB-50)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 949536v.jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

You mentioned the Medalist has the old style charger port, so the first attachment is a schematic for it and the second attachment is for a TXT.

The difference between the two are where the charge port and wires from the charge port connect and the voltage source for MS-2.

Thanks Johnnie! So it looks like the older style charging port did not have the reed switch wire... so as long as I switch out the charging port (which includes the reed switch wire) then I can do away with the medalist wiring diagram and just follow the series cart diagram... is this right?
Old 01-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Thanks Johnnie! So it looks like the older style charging port did not have the reed switch wire... so as long as I switch out the charging port (to the newer style paddle recepticle, which includes the reed switch wire) then I can just scrap the medalist wiring diagram and just follow the series cart diagram... is this right?
Old 01-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

People often bypass the reed switch, so just leave the wire to MS-2 as is (connected to the battery side large terminal on solenoid.)

Where the wires from the charge port connect is also different, but the rest is the same.

Unlike the U.S. auto industry, EZGO didn't reinvent the wheel every model year.

Basically, the series drive didn't change much from about 1993 when they started using an ITS throttle until they stopped making them, other than changing to a Powerwise charger in about 1995.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
People often bypass the reed switch, so just leave the wire to MS-2 as is (connected to the battery side large terminal on solenoid.)

Where the wires from the charge port connect is also different, but the rest is the same.

Unlike the U.S. auto industry, EZGO didn't reinvent the wheel every model year.

Basically, the series drive didn't change much from about 1993 when they started using an ITS throttle until they stopped making them, other than changing to a Powerwise charger in about 1995.
Johnnie, i wish i knew what you are talking about but i don't, I'm trying to get 1 diagram to work from, i recently fried the reed switch wire so I'm well aware of where that wire lands on the txt f/r switch (yes my reedswitch is bypassed, but the wire still serves a purpose, regardless of whether the switch has been bypassed... So my point is this, if I can somehow keep the wiring exactly the same from the txt (including the newer charging port with reed switch wire [with reed switch deleted/bypassed] )Because without that wire, my cart was dead in the water, nothing... so, my desire is to get to 1 wiring diagram, and I'm assuming that the newer txt cart diagram is the direction I need to go in, all that would be required is to upgrade the charging port which included the reed switch wire, again assuming the switch has been deleted/bypassed... or am i some how missing something???
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Wire it according to the TXT schematic and bypass the reed switch if so desired.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Wire it according to the TXT schematic and bypass the reed switch if so desired.
looking at things again, if i were to keep the old charging port, can i not just add a jumper wire from the + positive terminal straight to the F/R switch where the reed switch wire would normally land? I say that because all the reed switch wire does is tie into the white charging wire and goes straight to the positive post? If i do this then i can keep the old charging receptacle and save myself time cutting into the metal body to enlarge it for the new style...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO