lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default DS Go Pedal question

On my conversion from a resistor to a SS 1986 DS, I have now received my V-Drive and if I understand my cart that is not what it came with (I have (it is removed) an aluminum "box" with wires and what looks (to me) like a bunch of micro switches that were controlled by a wedge looking thing). If any of that makes sense, what do I do to convert from the wedge to the V-Drive as it pertains to the pedal? My search-foo does not seem to be getting me the answers.

Thank you!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Go Pedal question

Here is a pic of what I have (removed) and what I now have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wedge Drive.jpg (81.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg V-Drive.jpg (76.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Did you purchase this from a site sponsor? If so I think you would get alot of help and/or instructions with your conversion kit. If not someone will most likely try to help you but provide more information as to your year and model that you are converting.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea. Your site sponsor should be helping you with that but we might be able to help more if we knew what you purchased in your conversion kit.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. I am embarrassed to admit that I thought that I had bought from a site sponsor but apparently did not. I have a CartMart near me with a very helpful parts guy who has been helping me (he is super honest and when he knows that he is not even close on pricing he says so). In searching for everything I have been all over the place trying to find parts (it seems that no one has everything and so much stuff is out of stock; I am guessing it is the virus and its affects on business).

I'll contact the supplier (they have actually been very helpful so far) but thought I would check in here also.

Thank you again; have a safe and Happy 4th!
Old 07-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #6
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

We sure encourage people to buy from site sponsors because they stand behind what they sell. We can still help. Just let us know what you have?

As far as that vglide goes, you'll need to figure out how to mount it and connect it to the same Go pedal linkage that was used with the old switch box. The vglide appears to have been modified to a variable resistor box. See if you can get it mounted and connected. Make sure that the contact inside the box moves all the way from bottom to top. Adjust until it does. Once you get this done, post back on here what you purchased for a controller, F/R contactor, and solenoid. We can help you figure out the wiring.

In the meantime, attached is a diagram I did of a 2002 36V DS I recently converted to an Alltrax SR48300, SW182 reversing contactor, 200A solenoid, and modified vglide. I also removed the batteries and converted to a lithium Leaf pack (ignore that part of diagram). It may help you to get started.

You can see this conversion here(https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165769). The modified vglide has the blue tape on it. The big black box with the white box mounted to the top is the Leaf pack.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NewWiring.pdf (228.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you! I feel kinda stupid for not realizing that I did not order from a site sponsor (I am usually on a Mac and it does not like Flash, so seeing site sponsors is not good for me).

I have a Curtis 1268 Controller, 5725 V-Glide, and 8431 F&R switch with a Curtis 500 amp solenoid and Nidec 7144 motor (I have tried to add some of this to my sig but I suspect that I don't have enough posts to edit my sig yet). I also have a Lester II onboard charger that I will be tucking underneath the body.

My cart (1986 DS) came with nothing (it was sitting in a field for many years and was given to me) so I am learning as I go. I am trying to minimize my mistakes (like ordering from the wrong sites!) and really appreciate the help. Hopefully I will learn enough to be able to help someone out here one day as well!
Old 07-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I think you might be better off to do an MCOR4 conversion on that. I'm not sure how much the pedal assembly differs on those older carts, but talk to David at Revolution Golf Cars and see if that might be easier than trying to get that MSP Vglide working. You'll get better and smoother throttle operation from the MCOR4.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fairtax: The MCOR4 conversion is not a direct hookup for a 1986. He'd have to have some fabrication done to make it work. Of course, I'm not sure that vglide conversion will work without fabrication either. That's why I told him his next step is to get it mounted, connected to the linkage, and adjusted before going further. He may wind up having to get an electronic pedal like ScottyB sells and I have on my 1990. I agree that an MCOR4 would be a much smoother pedal.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #10
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this cart basically had nothing and I am putting it back together the way I want it I am expecting some fabrication, and I am okay with that (I've been in construction for 40+ years so I am somewhat handy-this electrical stuff is not my strong suite though so the stupid questions will continue!).

I will go look up what the heck a MCOR4 is, but for quick reference will I be using it with the V-Glide or did I make another mistake purchase (I bought the wrong F&R switch already so this won't be the first mistake if so).

Thank you guys; I truly do appreciate your taking the time to answer these questions for me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car