lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #21
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 txt dcs

Just got the Alltrax XCT48400 Controller and solenoid ordered! cant wait to get them installed.
streetdemon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdemon70 View Post
Just got the Alltrax XCT48400 Controller and solenoid ordered! cant wait to get them installed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #23
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

Got the controller and solenoid in and wired up. The car is still slow getting going from a stop going forward but its better than it was before. Yesterday i ran the cart around for a while with no issues. Today i went for a short drive around the neighborhood and after a while started getting the over temperature code from the blinking light on the controller. Any ideas?
Old 07-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Are you running oversized tires or been climbing hills or been driving very slow for more than a few yards?

Are the brakes dragging? Does the cart push easy by hand?

-----------
You can program the controller for a more energetic takeoff.

Connect a laptop or something similar to the controller via a USB cable (USB-A to USB-B - aka USB printer cable) and post a picture of the controller settings.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #25
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Are you running oversized tires or been climbing hills or been driving very slow for more than a few yards?

Are the brakes dragging? Does the cart push easy by hand?

-----------
You can program the controller for a more energetic takeoff.

Connect a laptop or something similar to the controller via a USB cable (USB-A to USB-B - aka USB printer cable) and post a picture of the controller settings.
Stock size tires and no hills or climbing.

Brakes arent dragging the cart pushes easy.

Ill hook my laptop up to it tonight and see what it says and post a pic.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:56 PM   #26
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

I have someone telling me I need to put a resistor between the 2 big post on the solenoid is that true? I have the diode that ScottyB provided on the post now. And then the small diode on the side of the solenoid also.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have someone telling me I need to put a resistor between the 2 big post on the solenoid is that true? I have the diode that ScottyB provided on the post now. And then the small diode on the side of the solenoid also.
The XCT does not use a precharge resistor between the solenoid's large terminals. The filter capacitors in an XCT48x00-DCS are kept charged via Pin-10.

The 6A-660V diode connected between the solenoid's large terminals is the to protect the controller if the solenoid contacts happen to open while regen braking is occurring. That isn't something that is likely to happen unless somebody turns the key off, or moves the direction selector, or a wire breaks while the cart is slowing down, but if it does, the voltage from the motor operating as a generator skyrockets and blows the controller, if not for the diode keeping the motor connected to the battery pack.

The smaller diode on the solenoid's small performs a similar function. protecting the coil driver inside the XCT from getting hit with a voltage spike when the solenoid coil de-energizes.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #28
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

Need some help.New alltrax controller, new solenoid, and I took the motor to a shop and had it checked out. Got the motor back and installed today and I’m having the same issue I had before I got it checked out. So I decided to jack it up and hit the pedal today and here’s what happen. When in forward when I hit the pedal the wheels start going backwards but seem bined up. If I roll them forward a little and then hit the pedal it will go forward fine. When I put it in reverse it does in reverse just fine. Am I looking at a diff issue? I’m stumped at this point. I have a video of it that I can email or text to someone that might show the issue better.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #29
streetdemon70
Not Yet Wild

Here is the video
Old 07-29-2020, 09:01 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Here is the video
I can see this in your post: http://https://app.photobucket.com/u/amuscle/p/3c077914-3872-45f5-a29e-5351e3b915b2 I tried it and it doesn't go to a video.

Post the video's URL using the Globe/link icon below the smiley face in header above.

Here is a screenshot with red arrow pointing at the link tool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Link tool arrow.jpg (51.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 07-29-2020 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: aedded image
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO