lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #21
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed Code vs. Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama006 View Post
I have a 2017 Drive2 DC 48V. Got it a few a months ago. Spent about $120 on the speed upgrade and it was well worth it. Tops out at 23 mph now with 205x65x10 tires. It usually hits tops speed at 40-50 yards on flat surface. But going uphill it's not more than 14-16 mph. I'm sure I'll upgrade the controller and motor at some point but this was a quick and cheap fix for now.
The speed code is well worth the money for sure...cheapest and quickest way to speed up a Drive or Drive2. I usually program at least two or three carts a week for the people over here at the Villages in FL. Most folks don't know that you can actually have your dealer program your cart to go faster without actually having to purchase a speed code. Stock carts are set to a stock 13 out of 25 on the capability of the cart straight from the dealer...this gets the cart to usually between 16-19 MPH depending on your options(lifted, bigger tire/rims, etc. The fastest setting is a 25E which is the speed code with the least amount of regen braking usually giving you that 19-23 MPH range ;)
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #22
chance1234
Not Yet Wild

Question....

Does the Yamaha use its own programmer or is it compatible to the Curtis programmer?
I would appreciate further insight on changing the the parameters / settings.

Thanks
chance1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha specific programmer, not compatible with anything you have for other carts.

Heres the details on how speed & regen is adjusted. No, "25" does not equal 25 mph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200624_135524.jpg (225.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200624_135428.jpg (158.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #24
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Indeed wish it was capable with the Curtis...actually just found out today that the Curtis Programmer I use for my Club Cars also works with Evolutions without the adapter on it...first Evolution I have ever touched...Oh I should mention for Yamahas we use Palm Pilots here...
Old 08-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

The one you have also works on RXVs built after Feb 2012. And for yamahas, I use a palm pilot for DC cars, and laptop for AC cars (user interface is the same for both).
Old 08-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #26
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The one you have also works on RXVs built after Feb 2012. And for yamahas, I use a palm pilot for DC cars, and laptop for AC cars (user interface is the same for both).
That’s some good info right there ;)
Old 08-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

I forgot, also works on all TXT48 48v carts. (The ones made by the factory, not the ones converted to 48v)
Old 08-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #28
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Alright guys, got the new Alltrax controller and solenoid that I picked up from scottyb installed today and we’re humming at 21-23 mph and much better uphill, I’ll take that! Few quick questions, I followed scottys tutorial (thank you sir) and noticed he got the fan kit for his, I didn’t but am wondering if I should have, any thoughts? Also I checked some things out after my first test drive and the motor was pretty hot to the touch, figure that’s typical but I never had a reason to check before so wanted to ask?

Last question, on the diode, I put a couple spade connectors on it and hooked it up to the opposite side of the small wires on the solenoid, still banded side to positive other to negative, but on separate terminals than the small wires, will that work or does it need to be on the same side?

Thanks as usual, I’m really happy I went the controller route, thing cooks now.
brundog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:45 AM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

Sounds like you got it hooked up right. As long as the diode you speak of is about the size of a tic-tac, not the size of a cashew. I could be wrong, because I'm not sure I use the exact same parts he uses.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #30
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ya tic tac size, ok thanks!
brundog17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faster cart, speed code, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha