lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
leftex
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tired 295

I have a 1995 Medalist with the standard 295. The compression is not great, the engine smokes and uses a little oil. So it's time for a rebuild. What can I do while I have it aport that will enhance the performance. Not looking for much. The cart is used mostly for sporting clays and haulung grand kids around the back 40. Thanks
leftex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: Tired 295

You have the opposite problem from me. Mine ran great then an electrical problem,and then somebody was gonna" help" me by changing the battery, and then hooked it up back wards. Argh!! Maybe you should take a look in the section Big Block talk of this site , lots of people change out in favor of a bigger motor. More power and still be able to use the pedal starter was a big plus in my book, but I just hate to throw away a complete whole good engine with two bad electrical parts but it may be cheaper to change the motor than fix what I have. But I do have a Body/auto repair shop and have lots of tools and thing that you don't find in normal back yard shops that will allow me to do fab work. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #3
leftex
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Judging from the lack of responses I'm guessing there is not much in the way of performance enhancement short of going to a larger engine.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

give CT rebuilds a call - they will swap You for a rebuilt engine for around $600, OR if You want, You can upgrade to a 350 or even a custom 370cc for just a few bucks more. Their service and quality have been GREAT by me so far, I wish I'd have found them years ago. See if they'll set You up with a 350cc engine with a 295 head - THAT is one heck of a motor setup, I have one in my '97 and with the speed gears, 28deg clutch, etc it rolls at 40 with a rider, pretty insane.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
leftex
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Brew,
Does CT rebuilds have a website?
Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO