lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2022, 10:29 AM   #1
schkattack1
Not Yet Wild

Default difference between an A Arm and Double A Arm Lift Kit

Everyone,
I have been looking at this forum off and on over the years but have been really looking at it since I just purchased a 2010 Club Car Precedent. I have some new batteries for it but the next step is to put on a lift kit with some large tires and new rims. I am a newbie and need your expertise and experience, please. I am looking to use this for off road for hunting and working on some land occasionally. I see lift kits advertised as "A-Arm Lift kit" and as "Double A-Arm lift kit". I cannot seem to find what the differences are. Your thoughts?

thanks for your help.
schkattack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: difference between an A Arm and Double A Arm Lift Kit

Not sure there is a difference. There are a few types of lifts for every cart but for club car you have 2 options I think and that is a spindle lift (which I personally dont like.) or the best in my opinion is the A-arm lift kit. The double a-arm they refer to is because the lift kit comes with upper and lower a-arms thus making it a double a-arm but they are the same just worded differently. With the A-arm lift kit you can adjust your front end very nicely. the a-arms are attached to heim joints which allows you to adjust camber to your liking which is great.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Traditionally:

1. Single a arm lifts use one control arm (a arm) and a spindle that is fixed and doesn't articulate. For most driving conditions this is ok, but under high amounts of suspension travel this will cause camber change, which affects steering accuracy and feel and can negatively affect handling.

2. Dual a arm (double wishbone) lifts will use an upper and lower control arm, connected by a spindle with some sort of ball joints. What this does is allow the camber to remain relatively neutral which makes steering and handling much better, especially off road in times of high suspension articulation.

Most high performance vehicles will use a "double wishbone" suspension or some variant of. If you look at most UTV's they will use this type in a long travel form. High amounts of travel allow the suspension to adjust and conform to the terrain in off road scenarios. This makes the ride much softer and more predicable. So if off road and good handling are your goals....go for the "LONG TRAVEL DOUBLE A ARM LIFT" if it's available, it's worth the extra money.

I did a thread on this a while back

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160832

I also bumped the thread to the top for you. Let me know if you need any further info or help.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:04 PM   #4
schkattack1
Not Yet Wild

thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the information and the links.
I will do more research. I saw where Jakes has a Double A-Arm lift kit and RHOX has a A-Arm lift kit. I will look into those kits in more detail as well. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:20 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Keep in mind, I've seen some double a arm kits have a fixed spindle. The result is the same as a single a arm kit, camber change as the suspension cycles. Look for one that has the spindle on ball joins or heim joints.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #6
schkattack1
Not Yet Wild

will do - thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts