lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #11
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Boom's Project Cart

Welcome Boom, I have a 99 ezgo dcs. This weekend I installed the alltrax 500 kit with 400 solenoid and a admiral B2 motor. I also made the jump to 48v with sams club Duracell batts I got on sale for $80ea.

Before I got 14 mph top speed with 22” tires, yesterday my first break in run I got 27 mph my second was 28. There’s a ton of torque but I can’t test that much until I break it in. I got the parts from cartsunlimited.net(Scottyb) and he provides everything you need. He also preprogrammed the controller so I didn’t have to.

I followed a build from a member here Sir Nuke. Check this out. Also this has a printable pdf of his build he made HERE.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
Boom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
Welcome Boom, I have a 99 ezgo dcs. This weekend I installed the alltrax 500 kit with 400 solenoid and a admiral B2 motor. I also made the jump to 48v with sams club Duracell batts I got on sale for $80ea.

Before I got 14 mph top speed with 22” tires, yesterday my first break in run I got 27 mph my second was 28. There’s a ton of torque but I can’t test that much until I break it in. I got the parts from cartsunlimited.net(Scottyb) and he provides everything you need. He also preprogrammed the controller so I didn’t have to.

I followed a build from a member here Sir Nuke. Check this out. Also this has a printable pdf of his build he made HERE.
I just read that entire build....OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks

I read somewhere else that the Duracell Batteries are actually Deka batteries with a different label. From what I've seen, $80 is a great price on batteries.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #13
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I posted that deal on here, it was a few weeks ago.

My plan is still to go to lithium later if I don’t get lazy and then sell the batteries, cables and charger on Craig’s list to recover some cost.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I just read that entire build....OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks

I read somewhere else that the Duracell Batteries are actually Deka batteries with a different label. From what I've seen, $80 is a great price on batteries.

Yes. Duracell batteries (from SAMs I assume?) are Deka batteries. If you get them on sale they are an unbeatable value.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #15
Boom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Picked up the batteries today. Also ordered the controller and solenoid from Carts Unlimited. As soon as I got the confirmation email, I realized that I ordered the wrong controller. I ordered a XCT400PDS when I need the XCT400DCS. I emailed Scotty B and they got my mistake squared away and shipped out. Outstanding service!!!
Old 05-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #16
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Yessir, I believe you are correct. would you recommend the XCT400DCS?
If you go with Carts Unlimited, I would get the 500. A 400 with the optional fan is $504. The $500 with fan is $514.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #17
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Boom's Project Cart

The 400 is a seriously strong controller. I wouldn’t think twice about it. I’ve never ever needed the fan. They run so cool.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #18
Boom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, by the time I got back to the forum, I had already ordered the controller from cartsunlimitted. I ordered the fan kit along with the controller. Stuff should be here tomorrow. For my purposes, I think the 400 should do ok.

Today I pulled the body after drilling out the 745 rivets holding everything together. I also pressure washed the frame. The battery frame is going to need some TLC, but the rest of the frame looks good. I picked up some 2x2x1/4" angle from a buddy to make a new battery frame. I'll post some pics tomorrow as I'm building the frame.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #19
Boom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the battery frame rebuilt and reinforced. For and much money as batteries cost, really don’t want them falling out of the bottom of the cart. For a little added protection, I cut some rubberized matting for under the batteries. I checked the lugs I was going to use to make cables, and the are 3/8”, so I’ve got lugs on order. USPS says the controller and relay should be here today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Nice rack.

You might want to consider cutting out the middle of the pad, and leaving just the angle covered. You need to wash the batteries from time to time, and if they spill during charging, you want to give that a place to go.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO