lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
newsaflys
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default e-z go 3 wheel cart

has anyone put a lift kit on a 3 wheel buggy? if so did you make the lift kit? anyone have pictures of the lift kit. i just bought one and would like to lift it. it is a 1979 ez go marathon
newsaflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: e-z go 3 wheel cart

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsaflys View Post
has anyone put a lift kit on a 3 wheel buggy? if so did you make the lift kit? anyone have pictures of the lift kit. i just bought one and would like to lift it. it is a 1979 ez go marathon
I have a couple of the 3 wheel Marathons here, and I would never want to lift one. They are unstable enough as they come from E-Z-GO. Lifting one would cause an already unstable platform to become even more unstable! Sorry, not a good idea.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

X2. I wouldn't ride or drive a lifted 3 wheeler.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A few folks lift them. Not sure why many people think they are unstable at stock height. Mine leans when I turn on slopes but I don't think I could flip it if I tried to. Just drive smart.

DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

When I used to golf, all we had at the courses were 3 wheeled carts. I used to help drag the ones back that turned over when the (majority were drunk) golfers would turn too tightly at speed. Just like ATVs, 3 wheels are less stable than 4. Other than that, I've liked the style of many of the 3 wheeled carts more. I guess it's fond past memories that tend to make people nostalgic for what was.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #7
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
..... I guess it's fond past memories that tend to make people nostalgic for what was.
I agree with this. When I was a kid I used to see the 3 wheelers everywhere. Golf courses, dealerships, property maintenance carts, airports, etc..I always thought they were cool. I never played golf and I was just a kid when the 3 wheelers were popular.. Actually they were probably going out of style then (early 90's) so I probably just saw all the old leftover ones still running around. I specifically remember one day in kindergarten during recess, the maintenance guy came riding out in one to work on something while we were all out playing. It was the first time I have really noticed one. I just thought it was the coolest thing. I remember going home and telling my dad about it and describing it to him. He took me to the library and we looked it up and determined that what I had seen as an ezgo 3 wheeled golf cart. Don't know what it was about them but ever since then I have always loved them and I knew that one day I would own one. From then until now I have always enjoyed seeing the few that are left, hardly any of them in good condition still. But I bought my first one 25 years later (1 year ago) and I now have 2. One dark green and one light blue. Both being restored to be used for many many more years. I love them!
Anyway, just thought I'd share my crazy love story for the 3 wheelers.
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #8
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

A little blast from the past! Those chrome wheels really make the cart!!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
newsaflys
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

love the build, that is what i am wanting to do with mine. can you tell me where you go the parts for the build any info is helpful
newsaflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO