lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Scrap battery prices

Crack heads Who needs war when you got welfare and crack to disable a nation !?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure what these batteries are going for but I got $8.20 for a battery about the size of our riding mower battery the other day that I dropped off while I was dropping off a truck load of steel scrap. Not sure what it was out of cause was dropped off with other scrap to me.

I once had saved a bunch of scrap lead water pipe taken out of the ground where a stadium was going to be built. I was saving it for a project and others on site gave me some too. I didn't end up doing the project so went to take it all in and loaded as much as I could towards the front of the bed of the truck I had at the time (1993 S-10), but it had low profile tires on it back then and the load was so much it flattened out the tires, I had to inflate to I think around 60+ pounds or so and drive slow! Stupid back then (young), lol. This was around 14 years ago roughly.

For awhile now we have had a law at scrap yards, I always have to show my license and they copy it. A couple years ago 3 addicts were busted trying to scrap a ground wire from a cell tower. All they had was the ground wire and nothing else to split 3 ways for drugs. Doubt that single ground wire was worth a ton of money? Think it wasn't but forget what the paper had said.

I have taken in pickup loads of aluminum, copper wire, copper pipe, clean stripped copper, brass etc, many times. But I can show where it all comes from.

A suspicious van was messing around the cell tower across from us and there are only a couple houses near me cause in the country a little bit. I was video taping them with my digital camera and they must have seen me and when they came up the gravel road noticed my camera cause they had no front tag and waited till a car got close to pull in front of and block me from getting the back tag. I called the police but not sure if it panned out or anything never heard from them.

People I know doing repairs to damaged repo houses are using PEX tubing to replace missing copper with. That stuff is awesome, when i redid a bathroom and replaced a cast iron tub with a shower recently for my mothers house I used all PEX tubing and it was so easy and it doesn't burst when freezing etc. Love that stuff, all I will use for now on when I do water lines.

Well about to order a dvr and cameras to out around here and any camera I shoot across the driveway entrance will get the gravel road to the tower too, so... next time...
eBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Big money in scrap - a buddy was buying old cars and scrapping them for like $400 each a while back. Copper has always been high. Crackheads stole all the manhole covers in a town out here and tried to scrap em.... problem was they all had the town name on em - well, you don't have to be smart to smoke crack.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #14
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Big money in scrap - a buddy was buying old cars and scrapping them for like $400 each a while back. Copper has always been high. Crackheads stole all the manhole covers in a town out here and tried to scrap em.... problem was they all had the town name on em - well, you don't have to be smart to smoke crack.
LOL @ manhole covers, One of the places I go to, has manhole covers on the list of items they will not take. (Do not take: Certain public property items: fire hydrants, street signs, manhole covers, etc.)
eBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car