lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Default How to lift rear on 98 Carryall II

I am new to this, I see all the kits for front lift. Just wanted to know how to lift rear. Do they just put springs on top of axle tube ? Is there any how to's.

Thanks for any information
plafleursr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: How to lift rear on 98 Carryall II

Welcome plafleursr.......................

Yup, thats the general idea........... however there are several ways to do it. Lifting blocks, new shocks, shock extensions, spring perches, springs and new "U Bolts" are factors too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

welcome, fellow carryall owner.

You can flip the axle with out a kit if you are alittle handy. You need to make new brake cable mounts. I have one I did this to and it raised the rear about 4 inches. On the cart in my avatar, I used a Jakes 6 inch in the rear. How much lift are you looking for? What size tires? Is your cart gas or electric?

Also, FYI, the wheel bases are so short that lifting the rear only (even just 4") is a radical change of stance. Not neccessarily a good thing.
Pics if needed...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Most lift kits will come will components to lift the rear.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb

Sorry It's a 98 gas Carryall II Ingersol Rand with kawasaski motor, not sure on tire size It's my sons new project. Maybe 4-6 inches. So you can take springs off and turn axle tube over so spring mount is on top. My son said about 22" tire. At Present we have rear end and motor out as right side front spring mount was broken off frame.( He got cart this way) We will also be lifting front.

Thank you all for help
Old 05-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleursr View Post
Scottyb

Sorry It's a 98 gas Carryall II Ingersol Rand with kawasaski motor, not sure on tire size It's my sons new project. Maybe 4-6 inches. So you can take springs off and turn axle tube over so spring mount is on top. My son said about 22" tire. At Present we have rear end and motor out as right side front spring mount was broken off frame.( He got cart this way)

Thank you all for help
yes to the axle flip with some modification for brake cable mount. Some say you can flip the brake backing plates top to bottom and side to side and use standard mounts but, I have not tried that? 22" tires will fit with some lift in the front as well. Jakes spindle lift?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Also I see at Jakes that they have kits for DS, we have Carryall2, will kits for DS work.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure...The kit I got from Jakes was for a Carryall.
Fyi, I had to loose the sway bar because the sway bar is located in front of the axles below the motor...well, that puts it through the motor after the lift.
Also 6 inches is the max lift without redoing the front motor mount. Which just sits on a ledge! Jakes was a good kit and u can keep stock shocks with it.
I just reread your original post? Are you asking if you can turn the rear end and axle housing over ? As in "flip" end for end and top to bottom to locate the spring mounts on top of the housing? If so = I don't think so. Too many Gear selectors and drive clutch alignment involved? Yes, you can relocate the springs on top of the housing. No, you can not flip the housing to relocate the spring mounts. Get a jakes kit or prepare to remove and replace the spring mounts..Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for Information, my son ordered the 6" & tire kit from Jakes, should be in this Friday.
I had asked in original if you could take axle tube (keep same side) just remove 6 bolts and rotate tube around 180 deg, so spring pad flat is on top.

You said sway bar had to go, I was thinking of trying to use old shock/sway bar mount and keep under bottom, just take out spring, move mount to old pad. Have to see once things are apart more.

Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

YEs, please let me know how that sway bar goes for you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts