lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
beenaround99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Winter Storage

We live in Central Oregon and are planning on heading south for the winter months - it gets really cold here, and I keep my stored pickup truck and motorcycle on battery tenders. I have six 8volt batteries in a 98' EZ-GO. Will a battery tender work on the cart? If so, what amps/volts is required? Thanks.
beenaround99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Winter Storage

try and find out if your charger is like a C.C. charger if so you can leave it plugged in and it will cycle on every few weeks......as for a battery tender i guess if you can dind a 48 volt battery tender it will work but not a 12 volt.....did you upgrade your 98 to 48 volts? i ask because i thought they only made 36 volt carts until a few years ago..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
beenaround99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. Yes, the previous owner upgraded the cart to a 48 volt controller and batteries....she hauls buns - clocked at 25mph!!
beenaround99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cheap fix I read about here at BGW a couple years ago regarding a EZ-GO and Powerwise charger:

Use a wall socket timer and set it to be on for 23hrs a day and off for 1 hour. If your batteries are low, the charger will charge and the 1 hour off will cycle the charger so that it can sense if you need a topping off. Sounded good to me and I haven't heard of a cheaper/easier solution.

I'm sure a C.C. guy can pipe in and tell us if this will or will not work on a C.C.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car