lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What does it mean? Charging question??

What is my cart telling me when I plug the charger in and the little led charge indicator lights flash back and for from the bottom line to the next line up and just keeps flashing back and forth. It's done this before, then went away by the next day with everything off. Any clues?
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What does it mean? Charging question??

Mine does that after I charge it if I don't reset it. Unplug it before charging or you can wait until it fully charged and unplug, turn on the key, put it in gear and plug it back up. Should show a full charge then. Do this only after a full charge so you won't reset it with only a partial charge.

I was told that I "might" have a defective SOC meter, but as long as it keeps working for me, I'm not replacing it. I won't worry about it when I get my digital battery voltage indicator installed.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Mine does that after I charge it if I don't reset it. After a full charging, unplug it for a couple of secs, turn on the key, put it in gear and plug it back up. Should show a full charge then.

I was told that I "might" have a defective SOC meter, but as long as it keeps working for me, I'm not replacing it. I won't worry about it when I get my digital battery voltage indicator installed.
Very cool, Thanks for the info. I'll try this tonight.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, I did a hard reset. Removed one battery cable for 10 minutes, put it back on and all was good Meter showed full charge.

Drive cart for 2 minutes, meter drops down all the way down within 10 minutes of driving. Go back, remove battery cable again, let it sit. Hook it back up and shows full charge. Same thing happens. I didn't measure battery pack voltage, but batteries were plugged in all night, and this was happening in the morning. I know the batteries were fine and fully charged, because I drove the cart all day, ran fine, plenty of power, all the time, meter bouncing between empty and one line up.

Bad charge indicator meter??
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This is the charge indicator I have now.

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Ver...roduct_id=1916
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bueller??
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you charging the cart with the key on? Or is the SOC hooked up directly to constant voltage? All the meters I've seen have one lead that goes to the key switch and the other 2 go to the battery (full 36 or 4. If your key switch lead is on the wrong terminal, then your charge meter is on all the time and when you do a full charge, it reads the highest voltage from your charger and sets that as the starting voltage. After you unhook the charger it thinks you have lost 2-3volts already (40-42 float charge on some chargers). If the meter is flashing with the key off and the charger plugged in, you have it wired wrong and your meter won't reset properly. Get a diagram and check the voltages on the key switch, just because you are hooking it up according to the diagram doesn't mean that your wiring at the switch is correct either. When you unhook at the battery after a full charge, it resets properly and works until you charge it again...I'm positive you have full voltage at the key switch lead even with the key off. Most likely somewhere down the line someone swapped a wire while hooking something up and it didn't affect anything until you came along and hooked up your SOC!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO