lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Slats
Getting Wild

Default Precedent Tires Help

Hi all, I've been putting Greensave 18X8.50X8 tires on my cart every few years and started thinking they are probably good on turf but I think they wear pretty quick for the paved road driving that I do 99% of the time.

Any suggestions for tires made for low speed (15mph) street driving? Thanks!
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Tires Help

Try...http://www.palmettospecialtytire.com/
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #3
Slats
Getting Wild

Looks like a good site with a lot of tire choices,but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good make/model for golf cart tires to use for low speed street driving.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go with a DOT rated tire. I don't think I've ever seen a tire rated at 15mph. If I did I wouldn't buy it. BTW I bought Kenda?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in a similar situation. Cart is always on pavement and used a lot. Tires have been noisy and need replacement every couple of years in both 8 inch and 10 inch sizes. Air loss with the 10 inch aluminum wheels was excessive but manageable. Last summer I put on a set of Duro DOT rated tires (10 inch). So far they are much quieter, appear to be wearing better and minimum air loss (almost none). The side walls must be stiffer as the ride is harsher and the steering response sharpened up. This may be a characteristic of a "DOT" tire. With 22 psi in the rears and 12 psi in the fronts I eliminated the increased harshness.

So, only about 9 months experience with these tires. Not long enough to make any definite conclusions yet. Ask me again in about 2 years.

Not much help probably but, we try.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Slats
Getting Wild

Ok thanks guys. I think that's what I was looking for....a DOT rated tire = for street driving. I think the turf type tires are too soft or something.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car