lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default The Dreaded G1 Electrical Help Post

Hi all,

I am working on my FILs 82 G1 that the reverse solenoid just clicks. Forward works so I swapped wires to verify it is the solenoid. I ordered the White Rodgers solenoid and installed it yesterday only to have the same symptom. My father-in-law installed a new key switch but gave me the original so I was going to try it but noticed a broken terminal so I pitched it and reinstalled the new one. I cleaned all connections and now I have nothing.
I put a meter on the switch connector and have voltage at the white wire that changes if I turn the key so I believe the switch is working. I’ve downloaded the manual to start trouble shooting but am beginning to wonder if the harness is bad somewhere since I pulled it up to reinstall the key switch.

If anyone has some tips of things to check in a certain order I would appreciate the input, trouble shooting electrical is not my forte. I have been reading all the information here but don’t see a scenario like mine.
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha