lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
rwborden
Not Yet Wild

Default Amp and Subwoofer install CC Precedent

I am wanting to install an amp and 10" sub in my 2007 CC Precedent. I don't have a lot of room and wondering if anyone had any prior experience or ideas. I also was wondering if it would be okay to run it off of my Golf Cart Batteries? I have 4 12 volt batteries and would work perfect, but I don't want to ruin the batteries either. Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.
rwborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Amp and Subwoofer install CC Precedent

I have an 8" Bazooka Tube sub and mounted it underneath between the front and back seat. It is TIGHT, but it does fit. Sound is GREAT!

Anytime you pull from the pack you will shorten your run time. If your going to pull from the pack get a 48v/12v converter that way it is pulling equally from all 4 batteries.

Your other choice is to add an auxiliary battery and run all of your 12v accessories off of that. I have added the aux battery to mine and feel it works best for me, but it all depends on how many accessories you have and how much you use them.

Good Luck!
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
jhood
Not Yet Wild

I would recommend going the voltage reducer route to avoid needing the charge the aux battery. Your application will probably require larger than a 10A and I generally use this one for applications like yours...

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/36V_4.../volt-0002.htm
jhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
rwborden
Not Yet Wild

Thanks jhood and rinman, I appreciate your advice. I like the bazooka speakers and that is a perfect place to put them.
rwborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhood View Post
I would recommend going the voltage reducer route to avoid needing the charge the aux battery. Your application will probably require larger than a 10A and I generally use this one for applications like yours...

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/36V_4.../volt-0002.htm
Not telling you to go either way, but it really depends on the number of accessories and your overall usage. Any accessories WILL reduce run time......just depends on what you have.

Running mine around the neighborhood Fri-Sun for 3-4 hours a day I can easily get by charging my aux battery once a month. I have lights/turn signals/LEDs underneath/stereo with an amplified sub. Lights really aren't on much and they probably draw the most. Stereo is on almost all the time.

My aux battery is mounted in the bagwell and it is a matter of loosening the hold down and hooking up the charger.......less than a minute to hook it up.
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Whether you go with a reducer or an aux battery, do one or the other. Using one of the 12v will work but you are pulling juice away from the cart and the cart is pulling juice away from your accessories. It wears the battery out quicker and affects the entire battery pack over time. Been there, done that. You may also experience things like the stereo cutting out when you turn lights on or even hit the accelerator pedal - pain in the butt. Like Rinman, I went with the aux battery. I bought a deep cycle marine battery and a battery box and mounted it in the bagwell below the rear seat - dead space for me anyway. It will run my lights and stereo way longer than the cart will go on a charge. I hooked a quick connector for my battery tender to it and the plug just hangs out of the box so I can quickly just plugin the tender when I also put the cart on the charger. I have another 12v charger I can use when I need to charge the aux battery up faster, which isn't very often. This setup has worked well for me. If I had used a reducer, I would have wanted to wire things through a fuse block and put an on/off switch to the reducer, for safety. All that was just too much overkill for me. But either method works and are much better options than using one of the 12v cart batteries.

Can't help you on the sub. I mounted a couple of polk shallow mount marine speakers and they sound great. So, I didn't feel the need for a sub. People still tell me they can't believe the quality, volume, and bass I get out of just those 2 6.5" speakers. I think the mounting location, with the battery bay just behind them, really helps kick the bass.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I HIGHLY recommend the auxilary battery. I've done it before. Check out this thread below. There are pics of everything. I was able to get the aux battery behind the dash with minor trimming with a dremel.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...precedent.html
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I got a full size boat battery. Here's where mine sits:

And I put my speakers here, although many said it couldn't be done:

SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

SaltLifeCC, looks good buddy. I love the stuff that "cant" be done.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car