lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Precedent light install

Installed head and tail lights today, however with the plug and plays hooked up, I have no lights. In the Madjax kit I have a 20 amp relay/fuse with blue wires and spade connectors. I believe this finishes the circuit. I need instructions for proper hookup. Thanks in advance. Does the 08 Precedent have a 48V to 12V converter??
seacrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Precedent light install

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrets View Post
Installed head and tail lights today, however with the plug and plays hooked up, I have no lights. In the Madjax kit I have a 20 amp relay/fuse with blue wires and spade connectors. I believe this finishes the circuit. I need instructions for proper hookup. Thanks in advance. Does the 08 Precedent have a 48V to 12V converter??
http://www.mymadjax.com/file/Precede...v2_2011sec.pdf
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrets View Post
I don’t believe the 08 has a converter but runs the 12V lights from battery #4. That’s a circuit breaker, not a relay.
Do you have the two wires on the circuit breaker hooked up according to the instructions that came with it?

I'm taking it that you have 4-12V batteries. If you have the 6-8V batteries then I can't help you.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Seacrets,...If you in fact have a 2008 CC Precedent, that wiring diagram is not complete, and the images they show are for an earlier version. There on one more ground wire (Yellow bullet connector) coming out of the OBC that must be connected. Did your 2008 come with an installed bucket harness,..as most 2008 did not. If it didn't then you have to get a bucket wiring harness. I have attached a PDF showing this and it will show you the Yellow connection in the bucket from the OBC.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1319259985
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BucketHarnessInstall2011Rev.pdf (1.25 MB, 26 views)
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I got them working fine. Once the circuit breaker was installed it completed the circuit and I got lights.
seacrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car