lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clean Slate - Which Block??

Smallblock - the main reason why I do not 'build' my own kits is for liability reasons. It's a jungle out there and when someone gets hurt, they can always find a lawyer to assist them in getting into your pockets. Quite unfortunate, but I have a very large investment to protect in my company. This is why I no longer make lift kits, cart cages, engine upgrades in house. "Bolt in" kits are the ultimate responsibility of the manufacturer, and I want to be out of that loop!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Smallblock - the main reason why I do not 'build' my own kits is for liability reasons. It's a jungle out there and when someone gets hurt, they can always find a lawyer to assist them in getting into your pockets. Quite unfortunate, but I have a very large investment to protect in my company. This is why I no longer make lift kits, cart cages, engine upgrades in house. "Bolt in" kits are the ultimate responsibility of the manufacturer, and I want to be out of that loop!
Thanks for the "honest" awnser! I will not even get into "lawyers and goverment" minipulation of our lives! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did have a customer in my shop this week who 'opted' for the 23hp briggs package (don't know who's, where or what). He added the pipe, header, govenor, cam, and all the other 'sound good' hop ups, but once he drove our Honda package, said that the Honda was much more powerful and faster. Of course, he could have is tuned poorly. There are SO MANY factors the effect performance - the motor is only half the issue. Just look at the 27hp kawa that was in Xtreme's workhorse. That thing ran about 18 mph when I got it, even after some serious changes and govenor mods, she barely hit 30mph. Horsepower is one thing - getting it to the rear wheels is the trick. BTW - We started a new big block today, this one will be running a brand new HP / high speed rear end that EZGO offers. On a stock motor it adds nearly 5 mph, I wonder what will happen with nearly 26 hp pumping into it?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
zarak
Not Yet Wild

I am happy to say that I ordered the 18H Vanguard from tom @ CPP. I live overseas, and my cart is in my second home up in the mountains of Panama, so it will take 2 - 3 LONG weeks for me to get this done.

I will post feedback and pics whenever I get this done.

Thanks to everyone.
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #25
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarak View Post
I am happy to say that I ordered the 18H Vanguard from tom @ CPP. I live overseas, and my cart is in my second home up in the mountains of Panama, so it will take 2 - 3 LONG weeks for me to get this done.

I will post feedback and pics whenever I get this done.

Thanks to everyone.
You will be happy!!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #26
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Zarak.
I think you started a trend by having your order shipped to Panama. Just this week we had your kit going to Panama, another kit to Canada and now 2 more kits going to the Netherlands. We now have kits in every US state and 5 different countries. Maybe you will start a trend in Panama. When we sent the first engine kit to the Bahamas it was there about two weeks and then they ordered about 10 more. Over there they use thier carts like cars and drive them everywhere.
I'm glad we could help you and I know you will enjoy the engine. It was great talking to you and let me know if we can help with anything else.

What makes a good day?
Today I had a fellow stop by the shop this morning, He was on his way from Florida to North Carolina, He had purchased a engine kit a couple months back. He drove 100 miles out of his way just to stop by and say Hi and let me know how much he loved his engine kit. Thats a good day!
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!