lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2018, 05:03 AM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default TC Charger ZEVA input voltage error

Guys, I know one of yall posted the solution to this but I cannot find it. Can anyone comment with a link or info?

I am looking at purchasing another and would like to have it "fixed".

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: TC Charger ZEVA input voltage error

When you order tell them to program it to 120v and 15amp max output and it will go away. Downside is the charger is capable of 25amp output on 220v, so they would be programming it to run at 60% capacity. You wouldn’t be able to hook it up to 220 at that point, but that probably won’t matter anyway. I just put my display on a different screen when charging so the error message is not displayed.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
When you order tell them to program it to 120v and 15amp max output and it will go away. Downside is the charger is capable of 25amp output on 220v, so they would be programming it to run at 60% capacity. You wouldn’t be able to hook it up to 220 at that point, but that probably won’t matter anyway. I just put my display on a different screen when charging so the error message is not displayed.
Thanks man! I knew some one had posted how to get rid of it.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok guys.....I want to order a Elcon TC charger. On the sellers web page they ask for Battery Type. Since the Leaf battery is lithium-manganese-oxide with nickel oxide (LiMn2O4*with LiNiO2) is this what I should tell them? (Yeah.....maybe a dumb Q, but it's me)

#2--The next question they ask is Nominal voltage of each battery. I believe I would tell them 3.75V and not the maximum voltage of 4.2V. However, I want the batteries to charge up to only 80%. That's roughly 4.0V. Do I provide this information to them?

Thanks much. I know your answer will either support what I'm thinking....or I'm completely out in left field.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just ordered another charger yesterday from them.

You can have them hard set the voltage shut off. If you get the can bus feature you will be able to set it yourself. I'm not sure if Chargery supports that feature. See photo for questions/responses.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'm thinking if I just have the charger "hard set" to the upper voltage of 4.0, then my BMS will do the job of HV cutoff if the charger "goes nutz".

All I'm looking for is the charger to charge each cell to 4.0 (which is about 80%) and if it's hard set to do that.....and the BMS does it's job of reducing any given cell that is charging higher than 4.0 individually....all should be good. Yes?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I asked about this yesterday. If the charger has can bus then the voltage limit is not set by the manufacture. If you get the enable version (with out can bus) then you can have it hard set by the manufacture.

This is what the supplier told me. You might get a different response from a different supplier.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:12 PM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

(1) battery type: LiMn2O4 with LiNiO2
(2) number of cells in series: 14
(3) capacity of battery pack(AH): 58
(4) The maximum charge voltage: 58.1
(5) AC input volt: 110 volt (input error voltage set at 105 volt)
(6) with CAN

This is the spec that was confirmed with my order.

I have a copy of their CAN protocol and ZEVAs. TC is longer with more info, ZEVA only includes applicable data.

Be sure to clarify CAN, not Enable on item 6.

I chose 4.15v per cell as the hard cutoff. If it can be changed, good, if not, that is fine too.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I'm thinking if I just have the charger "hard set" to the upper voltage of 4.0, then my BMS will do the job of HV cutoff if the charger "goes nutz".

All I'm looking for is the charger to charge each cell to 4.0 (which is about 80%) and if it's hard set to do that.....and the BMS does it's job of reducing any given cell that is charging higher than 4.0 individually....all should be good. Yes?
Just to clarify, the charger will charge to the pack max voltage, not the cell max voltage. The BMS will try to keep them all at the same voltage, but if one goes higher than the BMS can balance back down it can reach 4.2v before the total pack reaches target voltage. The BMS should then turn the charger off via CAN if equipped or enable circuit if so equipped, or the HV relay if installed.

Just remember the new charger is much like the original charger, it just shoves energy in the bank of batteries with no regard or knowledge to which battery is actually storing that energy.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #10
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
Just to clarify, the charger will charge to the pack max voltage, not the cell max voltage. The BMS will try to keep them all at the same voltage, but if one goes higher than the BMS can balance back down it can reach 4.2v before the total pack reaches target voltage. The BMS should then turn the charger off via CAN if equipped or enable circuit if so equipped, or the HV relay if installed.

Just remember the new charger is much like the original charger, it just shoves energy in the bank of batteries with no regard or knowledge to which battery is actually storing that energy.
I'm almost positive Dave has a chargery bms that's my assumption from reading previous posts.

Ag4 who was your supplier because mine knows nothing about fixing the input voltage error.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!