lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Fuel issue, Need some ideas....

Ill try to keep this short and to the point....

2006 DS, gas, 6" lift...

We use it around our campground, driving between 5-10 MPH with frequent stops. Last summer it was acting like it would randomly run out of fuel. I lose all power and am able to keep moving at a snails pace for a few minutes, it would then "fix itself" and away we go like nothing happened. I figured it was the old fuel lines and there may be a crack in the line sucking air. I replaced all fuel lines and put new clamps and filters on. The problem seemed like it went away for a while, then it appeared again near the end of the season. I replaced the fuel pump with the one I linked to below. All seemed well, no more issues.... or so I though...

Now we are camping again and the issue is back. Im not sure what else to look for. There is no "dip" in the pulse line to collect oil, fuel lines are brand new, filters are installed correctly, vent line for the tank is not clogged.... Im looking for advice at this point in time....

Like I said, the issue is not always present. I can go for hours and it works fine, then suddenly this issue appears for about 5 minutes, then goes away again. It doesn't matter weather the engine is hot or cold. Its done it during both. I can not get it to duplicate the problem when in maintenance mode, it seems like it only shows under load....

I dont wanna just throw an electric pump on it, I would like to resolve this...

Thanks!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Teeitup2day
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fuel issue, Need some ideas....

I have the same problem on a 2012 Club Car gas. Did you ever get an answer? This problem really has me stumped, the cart runs so good most of the time until the gremlin shows up. I guess I will tray a new fuel pump and I am not sure what the GCOR does?

Thanks
Steve
Teeitup2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car