lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Default "G" Transaxle Bearing Replacemment

Has anybody actually replaced the axle bearing on a "G" transaxle? The service manual says one must replace the axle as a unit (~$400). Why can't the bearing itself be replaced on a DS?
ufjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: "G" Transaxle Bearing Replacemment

It can, but for safety reasons, Club Car doesn't sell the bearings. They have to be pressed off, and if the axle slips out of the press it can kill you. Get the number off of the bearing and take it to a bearing supply store. They can match it up.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The bearing can be replaced. Rare on a club car that it has to be done, but pressing it off is a must. Ive done so few, I don't know the bearing number.....6205? maybe
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I don't remember the number either, but I got it off the race and Motion Industries had it in stock with thier FAG and Timken lines...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It can, but for safety reasons, Club Car doesn't sell the bearings. They have to be pressed off, and if the axle slips out of the press it can kill you. Get the number off of the bearing and take it to a bearing supply store. They can match it up.
TahoeDawg, I'm glad you weighed in on this. After reading many of your responses, I know you are quite knowledgeable and are well respected on this forum, so I ask this with respect, Why would pressing a bearing off a "G" axle be any more dangerous than a "K" axle or any other axle? Seems like I am missing something.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjaz View Post
TahoeDawg, I'm glad you weighed in on this. After reading many of your responses, I know you are quite knowledgeable and are well respected on this forum, so I ask this with respect, Why would pressing a bearing off a "G" axle be any more dangerous than a "K" axle or any other axle? Seems like I am missing something.
That's an excellent question but I'm afraid I don't have your answer. That would be a question for Club Car Inc. It's not any more dangerous, but when asked, that's the reason I was given...
Old 07-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
That's an excellent question but I'm afraid I don't have your answer. That would be a question for Club Car Inc. It's not any more dangerous, but when asked, that's the reason I was given...
Your point is well taken when we question manufacturer folks and get less than satisfactory answers. Unfortunately with the legal obligations placed on everyone today they often resort to CYA answers and attempt to protect foolish people from themselves. People often attempt things they are ill equipped to do or skilled enough to accomplish and end up hurting themselves or someone else. Then the blame game begins. It is sad that our society has reached this point, but it is reality in today's world.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #8
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipower View Post
Your point is well taken when we question manufacturer folks and get less than satisfactory answers. Unfortunately with the legal obligations placed on everyone today they often resort to CYA answers and attempt to protect foolish people from themselves. People often attempt things they are ill equipped to do or skilled enough to accomplish and end up hurting themselves or someone else. Then the blame game begins. It is sad that our society has reached this point, but it is reality in today's world.
I get what you're saying. But I don't get why Club Car advocates "K" bearing replacement, but not "G". So am I correct in assuming somebody has actually replaced a "G" axle bearing with success?
Old 07-31-2017, 08:34 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjaz View Post
I get what you're saying. But I don't get why Club Car advocates "K" bearing replacement, but not "G". So am I correct in assuming somebody has actually replaced a "G" axle bearing with success?
Yes. I've done several.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car