lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
teckersley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent charging problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
Yes , the voltage will settle and the surface charge will drop off on its on after 5-8 hours.
When a charger completes normally toward the end, it can do over 60 Volts. Then
it starts dropping after setting or as soon as U drive it. so charge it a couple more hours
because at 48.5 U'r still in bad shape. Do not leave the charger jumped.

Good work
Are you saying dont leave it jumped at all or just until I get the new OBC? As in I can not even get it charfed up. I would like to still charge it while waiting on an OBC.
teckersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you have your charger bypassed so it will charge and your gonna get a new OBC it won,t hurt to leave it bypassed just keep an eye on it cause charger won,t shut off................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if you have your charger bypassed so it will charge and your gonna get a new OBC it won,t hurt to leave it bypassed just keep an eye on it cause charger won,t shut off................................
yepper
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
teckersley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK here i the latest issue/update. I charged the batteries up using the charger in the bypass configuration. I did notice that the instantaneous charge rate got up to about 61v then i shut it off. After sitting a while, I noticed the pack measured about 50.4v. Good but not full right? Thinking "ah ha" its the OBC, I put a new OBC in and turned the charger on. The gauge on the charger never read much over the 0 marks and did have a light humm to it. After several hours, if not a day, nothing changed. I did notice that the instantaneous charge while on the charger was only 49.5v rather than 61v i saw when in bypass mode. After sitting overnight, as soon as I disconnect the charger, the pack only measures 49.5.

Any ideas?

The batteries are 2007 versions. How long do they normally last?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #15
teckersley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckersley View Post
OK here i the latest issue/update. I charged the batteries up using the charger in the bypass configuration. I did notice that the instantaneous charge rate got up to about 61v then i shut it off. After sitting a while, I noticed the pack measured about 50.4v. Good but not full right? Thinking "ah ha" its the OBC, I put a new OBC in and turned the charger on. The gauge on the charger never read much over the 0 marks and did have a light humm to it. After several hours, if not a day, nothing changed. I did notice that the instantaneous charge while on the charger was only 49.5v rather than 61v i saw when in bypass mode. After sitting overnight, as soon as I disconnect the charger, the pack only measures 49.5.

Any ideas?

The batteries are 2007 versions. How long do they normally last?
Also the individual battery readings disconnected are:

49.52 total
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Try the OBC reset again ? give it time to discharge all the capacitors.

Leave the charger unplugged for a few minutes after U have completed the reset then try again.
If U get the same results then
put the old OBC back on and do the reset , wait and try charge again .
Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
teckersley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK. I tried the OBC reset method and it still did not produce any movement in the meter or an instantaneous charge rate of 49.2v. I did the charger OBC bypass again and it produces the same results....instantaneous rate of 49.2 and just barely over the 0 on the meter.

I guess its possible that I didnt connect a wire or something when replacing the OBC but i have looked at it several times and nothing "appears" left disconnected. it seems to run fine just not for very long and it wont charge above the 49.2ish number.

Would dead batteries cause this scenario? Is it likely that I messed up the batteries when I completely ran the cart to 0 movement when all of this started?

Any ideas????
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

A week battery may very well, Or a loose or corroded battery, OBC , Charge cable.

Check, then double check and clean tightrn everything .
Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

take your time and go over all your work, you wouldn,t beleive how many times its something we did wrong when trying to repair the cart.......i would go over all my work again................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car