lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
Cart Tinkerer
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel Pump

In the process of trying to assess and correct problems with a 1996 Carryall, I suspect the fuel pump may be at the root of a couple of discrepancies. The cart runs fine until it heats up and then it will often lose power like it is starving for gas and then not want to run faster than idle with the accelerator fully depressed. After sitting for 15-30 minutes, it will restart and take full throttle until heat builds up again. When it is running, the engine sounds fine and does not smoke. If the Hobbs meter is acurate, the engine has seen less than 1,000 hours of use. I pulled the fuel pump apart, cleaned out some dirt, but found no perforations of the diaphrams.

Another reason I suspect a fuel pump problem is gas in the crankcase. One path for the gas to get there is through the vacumm line that drives the fuel pump. Another could be a sticking float valve in the carburator.

Fuel lines, filters, spark plug and carberator are new. Choke is not sticking.

Any suggestions will be a big help!
Cart Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

sry
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Pump

check for vacuum leaks in your hoses also air leaks around fuel filters
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Pump

did you look for fuel in the vac line that goes to the fuel pump? should be dry. If you are getting enough gas in the oil that you can smell it or can notice the difference in the feel of the oil, it must be a significant flow. my guess is through the pump. when it runs in through the carb, it normally starts hard, like it's flooded. It should not act like it is running out of fuel in 15 or 20 min. Disconnect the fuel line at the carb and put the end in a coffee can, start the cart, it should pump the can full in a minute or so. I am not sure about the rate of delivery or pressure, but, it should be more then just a dribble. Pressure and delivery rate is probably listed in a service manual.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car