lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
gamer1
Getting Wild

Default Re: Is this normal?

"
Not to plug czonka relays but the coil on those are designed to run off a wide variety of voltages using the same coil. The one I use will run off of 32-96 volts. Somthing like that would work but its not a direct bolt-on replacement."

So where would a guy get one of those solenoids? I take it czonka is not a member(couldn't find him on the list) and if I understand you correctly this solenoid would be OK for 36 or 48 volts.
Also while I have you on the line..lol..can I cut the jumper wire on the freedom chip an run it through a switch? And if I can.... do I have to switch the "run/tow" to off before switching from freedom to any other mode? Thanks.
gamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Roady,
A little highjacking here! As far as I know my 95CCDS48V has the original solenoid(looks old), where did you get yours? I plan on doing future upgrades, motor, controller, more volts all eventually. Sounds like the solenoid your using would be a good idea.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer1 View Post
Thanks everyone for the input. I have the freedom chip if that makes any difference. I hear that Jim and Mel's do a good job and I am sure they could find the problem but for $50 an hour I can replace a lot of parts. I am pretty sure when the cart doesn't move that the solenoid does not click. It happens so rarely that I'm not ready for it and not paying attention. I have also noticed that some times when I push the pedal it hesitates just a sec and then goes while the pedal is still down. Thanks again for the time.

You might check that hourly rate again... your pretty high

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Don't know for sure about the speed chip as I have never played with one.
Look in Extreme DC for the czonka relay. Yes it will run off of 36 or 48 volts....anything from 32-96 volts will work.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The good ones get around $65 an hour....at least around here.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #16
gamer1
Getting Wild

Yeah...I got that from one of their customers. I don't know for sure. I know they are well liked in the area and didn't mean to sound like I was knocking them at all....my point was about saving labor costs not what Jim and Mel's charge per hour.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #17
gamer1
Getting Wild

Oh, thanks for the info Roady
Old 12-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
The good ones get around $65 an hour....at least around here.
It varies a lot Between each state.

For example, in North Texas some places charge $85/hr and in Oklahoma some places charge $40 an hour.

Gamer, you can't cut the wires on the freedom chip. You can make it into a chip with all settings. It will go quickly down hill, but when the regen kicks in it will nearly throw you off the seat
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #19
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

My labor rate is $75 an hour, with a $40 minimum.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #20
gamer1
Getting Wild

The freedom chip I have is a female plug with only one jumper wire connecting one pin with another. Before putting the chip in it didn't have any plug at all. I am thinking why cant I cut the wire (that should put it back in the "all terrain" mode) and run the wire to a toggle switch and when the switch is on it would go into the freedom mode. Am I thinking correctly or all screwed up as usual....lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO