lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
bakerj5600
Not Yet Wild

Default Big BLock Upgrade Options for EZGO RXV?

I'm looking at a great deal on 2 newer RXV's that need an new gas engine. Anyone know of a swap that would work with the reversed drive? Thanks
bakerj5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Big BLock Upgrade Options for EZGO RXV?

Right side drive shouldn't be any more of problem for an RXV than it is for Club Car's with the same configuration. Instead of the cylinder pointed to the rear the engine in an RXV would need to be pointed forward toward the front of the cart. The only issue would be picking a replacement engine that will fit in that direction. Not sure the Vegas 625 would work but the 460 or similar clones should work. With a suitable one off engine mount. I don't see anyone who offers a kit for an RXV so far.

The oem RXV engine is pretty good as far as I know. Why wouldn't you just rebuild them?
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
bakerj5600
Not Yet Wild

I bought two gas rxv’s without engines for super cheap. $50 each! I haven’t been able to find anything online about swapping in a v-twin. I have a spare Honda 24hp that I need to put to work. As well as a Briggs 18hp. Figured I would have to fabricate a mount and exhaust.
bakerj5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You might be the first example I have heard of that has performed that swap. Especially with v-twin engines. You probably already know this, but it seems to me a v-twin swap requires some level of lift to allow for vertical engine clearance inside the engine bay.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #5
JBrooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a 09 rxv just got done putting in vegas carts 625 in it...it moves and runs but need a little bit bigger and wider belt and it will be ready to put back togather
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0611182103.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0611182103b.jpg (203.8 KB, 0 views)
JBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!