lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
TheSam1
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO with Predator idling issue (newbie)

I have a 93 EZ GO Marathon that I installed a Predator 420cc engine in. I had to install a pulse pump for the fuel system. I added a T in the fuel line to return to the tank. Seems to work pretty good, but now I can't get the dang thing to idle at a reasonable RPM. And, there is no air/fuel screw to adjust the idle. So, when I go to put it in forward, it either wont go, or grinds into gear. I have read that I can change the spring out in the driven pulley, or put a different carb on. I am hoping that there might be a third option that someone can help me with. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
TheSam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: EZ GO with Predator idling issue (newbie)

please follow the rules
Old 05-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I would suggest the vegascarts carb I am sure Sho will pipe in here with another way.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
please follow the rules
Crash pointing out the rules? HMMM
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Crash pointing out the rules? HMMM
it was in the intro area before it was moved
Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had the just spring in my stock club car clutch and it still wouldn't idle low enough that it wasn't engaged. Even with the 200rpm higher engagement point. Got the tune able carb from Vegas carts an it idles real nice now! Mine is a club car but motor is the same, predator 420cc.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #7
erock332016
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the same problem with my new set up on 301cc. I keep hearing about changing the drive clutch with heavier spring. Haven't read anything on the driven clutch. My idle, gearing, and getting into gear is exactly the same problems I'm having haha. Let me know if you find something
erock332016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:22 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock332016 View Post
I'm having the same problem with my new set up on 301cc. I keep hearing about changing the drive clutch with heavier spring. Haven't read anything on the driven clutch. My idle, gearing, and getting into gear is exactly the same problems I'm having haha. Let me know if you find something
You change the spring in the drive clutch, the one mounted directly to your motors output shaft. It's a stiffer spring and raises the point of engagement by 200 rpms. It allows you idle the cart an gives the cart a little more power at take off. http://www.cartpartsplus.com/perform...wer-kits#intro They call it a 200 rpm spring for the club car I think it's clutch tuning spring for the other brands. Looks like their power package includes the springs for both clutches and a severe duty belt which is the way to go. Then check out the tunable carb from Vegas carts, it has an adjustable idle mixture screw so you can get it dialed in just how you want it. http://www.vegascarts.com/product-p/tunedcarb.htm
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:45 AM   #9
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I agree with Krazy Matt about the adjustable carburetor. That would be the first item to replace. It will cover all the problems your having with idle and getting it into gear. Changing the spring will not help the putting it in gear problem if your starting it in neutral and the running gear is spinning. It will only change the point of engagement to a higher rpm. When I start my G2 in between gears --- the running gear [drive clutch, belt, driven clutch] spins. If it spins to fast it doesn't like going into gear.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #10
erock332016
Not Yet Wild

Yeah the guy at carts plus just informed me the spring should help, got it ordered. The carb or comet clutch will come if that doesn't fix the problem. Will update once I get it changed out..
erock332016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps