lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 Precedent charging problem

I am trying to figure out my father in law's charging issue. He has an 09 precedent and a power drive 2 charger. When we plug the charger into the cart, the charger clicks on, but the meter goes backwards past the zero, then the breaker on the charger trips. I checked the obvious things, battery cables tight and clean, R/T switch in tow, key off, connections at the cart and the wall plug are good. Wall outlet checks out fine. I am stumped, but I also have Ezgo carts, I have little to no knowledge of Club Cars.
gunwhatgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent charging problem

The rectifier in the charger is bad. Common failure on the PD2.
Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars and get the updated rectifier kit for it. David has a kit with the rectifier and breaker, and the relay so you can replace all three of the common fail points at the same time.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The rectifier in the charger is bad. Common failure on the PD2.
Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars and get the updated rectifier kit for it. David has a kit with the rectifier and breaker, and the relay so you can replace all three of the common fail points at the same time.
Dude, thank you so much!
Old 08-06-2022, 06:08 PM   #4
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Just wanted to update. I got a "parts" kit in this charger. It has a new rectifier, relay and breaker. When I pluged it in and connected it to the cart it did not tripnthe brwaker nor did the ameter go backwards. Unfortunately it did not click on and start charging either. I checked the voltage at the pack and it was at 45.8 so I have all batteries on and independant charger to see if I can nurse them up enough to get the PD2 to kick on.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #5
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Got it worked out. One of the spade connectors on the relay wasn't making a good connection. Once it was squared away, it clicked right on.

Thanks again for the info on the rectifier.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car