lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2018, 01:35 AM   #1
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Predator 420 charge magneto issue

Hey guys I hope someone can help me figure out what is up with this engine.

I bought this engine back when I first was going to go big block and decided to go to the 460 to keep the pedal start.

Since I seen the new 625 I decided to go key start and put in the 420 I had from when I first started on my cart.

Well I get it in and everything connected only to find out the charge magneto isn’t working.
I have the engine mounted tight(starter works with and without extra ground cable) but the charge magneto wasn’t charging my battery(have all led lights and haven’t used my radio since the swap) anyway the engine runs great but I have to charge my battery after a few rides.

I have clean connections but no luck on it charging the battery (I have a load tester that can check the charging system and it never shows it charging)
Battery reading verified that on my speedometer while I’m driving the cart.
I’m puzzled seriously as the engine runs like a champ and has gobs of torque.

I’m just using this engine till I get the 625 but id like for the charge magneto to work.
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!