lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
FormulaMatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Charge Indicator Issue

Hello all!! I am finally putting on my new body and my light/horn/turn signal kit. I also installed brand new T105 batteries. My cart is a 1990 DS. It has not ever had a charge indicator on it, so I decided to put on on while I do all this other work to it.

I have an issue though. My 3 prong digital indicator will not work when connected to the key switch the way the instruction indicate. I have it wired correctly, but the only way to get anything is to wire the #1 & #4 as constant hot and #2 negative.

I did some searching and found someone with my same issue (quoted his solution below). He found a solution and asked if it would be ok, but I didn't see any replies as to whether it would hurt anything or not or give an accurate reading. Any advice? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger.john View Post
Man something freaky is going on with the cart.

Well I try to do what you said and it doesn't light up the LED. However, if I take the positive from the #1 battery to the #1 post, the #2 post to the blue wire on the key switch and ground #4, it works. It turns on and off with the key.

I'm just not sure if this will cause any damage? Any ideas? i don't mind it being this way as long as I won't fry anything. The cart still drives and moves and everything so maybe its ok. I just would like to be certain though.

Thanks for all the help :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3440.jpg (330.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3441.jpg (297.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3442.jpg (265.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3443.jpg (254.2 KB, 0 views)
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car