lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #1
pangborn83
Not Yet Wild

Default How should I repair a front cowl

Hi all, not really a gas specific problem but it’s a gas machine so here it goes. I bought a 96 g16 and someone has installed a light kit on it actually I should say two kits the original lights the openings were a lot larger than the current lights. I prefer to keep the more standard lights that are on it now and either fill the opening and recut them or replace the cowl with one that has not been butchered. I have worked with fiberglass cloth, mat and resin but am concerned this might crack easily if I attempt a repair like this. Aside from replacing can anyone suggest a proper way to repair it. I have been searching for a good used one or a new one and that has proven difficult. Thanks for any and all ideas, James
pangborn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 07:15 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How should I repair a front cowl

From what I have found out, most cart bodies are made out of a similar material to the front and rear car bumper covers. Might check an auto body repair supply store. You might try calling Liquid Lenny’s Customs 727 431 2461 and ask what they use to repair them.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I may be mistaken but I believe all thr g14-g22 cowls are interchangeable. So you may be able to find a newer cowl instead.

I’d post an ad in the classified section here with your location. Someone may have something laying around

And yes I think you’ll find adhesion issues trying to mix fiberglass with the composite cowl
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #4
pangborn83
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys I will look into interchangeability and post an ad in the classifieds. I’d honestly prefer a in good condition used one if possible. Thanks, James
Old 12-02-2022, 07:18 PM   #5
pangborn83
Not Yet Wild

Only issue with posting a wtb is I think I need to hit a certain post count it says I don’t have permission to post in that section ☹️ so for the time being I am in western Ny 1 hr south of buffalo ny. I am in Ohio, and Pennsylvania often as well incase anyone reading this has anything for sale that would work I’d be willing to travel a bit. Thanks, James
Old 12-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The G14-G22 cowls are interchangeable. Add the G8 to that as well, although it looks different. I switched a damaged G8 cowl for a G22 cowl once.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #7
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

How about just a new replacement, I don't believe they're overly expensive, it's just a matter of what overly is I guess

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 04:34 PM   #8
pangborn83
Not Yet Wild

New replacement is hard to find everywhere I have tried is back ordered and no eta on when one would be available. When I called the dealership I told them I’d take any color and they said none of their warehouses had any availability. I found someone that has a front and rear selling as a package for sale if I can get that I’ll take it but if not I might try parting one out just to get it.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:39 PM   #9
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

You might check online or at a kayak shop, they weld plastic often. Maybe they can help.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:08 PM   #10
pangborn83
Not Yet Wild

That might be worth a shot but I think I got one lined up (waiting for the seller to name a day and time to meet) but it’s a 4 hour drive! A bit far but if it gets me a good cowl I’ll do it. Between fuel and the cost I’ll be into it $350ish plus my time wear and tear on my truck etc. I’d almost prefer a new one if they were readily available. The problem with mine is more that there is plastic missing from the original lights, now the typical rectangular lights won’t fill the holes if a kayak shop can add material that might just do it I can use flexible bumper cover filler to smooth it out if they can just give me something fairly close to the original shape to hold it. I’ll have to go hit the kayak shops up tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha