lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
KY_golfer49
Not Yet Wild

Default Hears motor trying to run 1998 ez go

I can hear the motor trying to go but the cart will not go. It moved a few feet then stopped. The first time it happened I came from a long run on my cart and when I stopped it would not go again. I pushed it to my charger thinking it was low on charge, but even after a full charge, the cart will only move a few feet. I can hear a dull clicking sound in the rear end. Any help would be useful.
KY_golfer49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Hears motor trying to run 1998 ez go

Welcome to the forum KY_golfer49.....................

If it sounds like metal gears or the like, it's probably the splines stripped in one of the axles. Get someone to push the accelerator down while you look at the end of the axle to "see if it is turning and the hub & wheel are not". If you see it, ya gotta pull the hub and replace it or the axle.

If it does not appear to have a metal sound, it is probably electrical. Tug on the battery cables. At least One of them will probably be loose and need tightening.

Let us know...........
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
KY_golfer49
Not Yet Wild

Hey thanks. I will jack it up tonight and push the pedal down and see what happens. It really does not sound like a axle thing more of a dull clicking noise. I will check all the connections I can. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Ok, But, if you jack it up, the axle wont spin in the hub....................
Old 07-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
KY_golfer49
Not Yet Wild

I jacked up the golf cart and the wheel will turn at high speeds, when I drop it to the ground it will not move.? I can still hear the rumble like it wants to go, I think it may be electrical. I pulled all the wires I could find. Seem solid. Any other advise?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

But did you check the castle nuts on each axle to see if one was turning when the cart didn't move? We gotta know this. On the ground.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

KY--- Doing this test in the air; the splines can have enough traction to turn an unresisted wheel. On the ground its loses that ability..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #8
KY_golfer49
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone for the information. After doing some looking and testing, I found the axle to be fine and the splines as well. The problem was a battery cable connection was the problem. The cable looked fine on the outside while the inside of the cable was bad. I put a new cable on and it runs like a champ.

I really thought the problem was in the rear end, since the sound was coming from there, I assume it was getting enough voltage to turn the motor but not enough really let it run properly, making it inch along, under the weight of the cart.

One again I would not have found out this without friendly advise.
Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO