lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New to the Gas Game

I have an Electric club car precedent and know every thing to know about upgrades. and have done all upgrades my self. Now i know nothing about the Gas carts upgrades ext. i want to buy a gas precedent and want to make it a street cart meaning 12" rims and road tires. But i would like to see speeds of 25mph if possible. my current 48v cart does 25 with a high torque motor. And i love it. I would like a Precedent Gas cart. what year is the best to work with? that's where i need to start. so any suggestions?
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to the Gas Game

While I don't know what year, I'd say tall tires will get you some top speed. I have N50-15 car tires on the back of my mid 90s gas CC and it will do 30+ mph with a governor tweak being the only engine mod. The acceleration took a big hit though. It won't pull a fat kid off a tricycle. 8-)
Progress pics attached if I can figure this out. - Mikey
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah I'm just looking at 25mps tops with the largest street tires i can put on the cart without lifting the cart. your rear tires are heavy I'm surprised that the motor can even turn those wheels lol.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Agreed on the tires. Although the wheels are pretty light, the 27 inch tall tires introduced a lot of rotational mass. It was all I had in the barn at the time and all 4 of my original tires were dry rotted, crack & leaky. As for you using 12 inch rims, the math suggests you'll be looking at a significant increase in engine RPM to reach your target velocity without a gear change (is that possible?) of some sort.
I'm really curious... What sort of RPM did your stock electric motor spin compared to the plum quick motor? I promise not to bend the thread any further. 8-/
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The first thing you'll want to do is look at the bar code sticker on the engine shroud...

001 (2).JPG

002 (2).JPG

I think a Precedent gas 2008 and up will have a 11.5hp FE350 (over a 9.5hp FE290)
The FE350 (with some mods and slightly larger tires maybe?) may get you your 25 mph !

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was hoping to have a lot more responses lol. I might just buy another electric cart and drop a new electric motor in for $225.00 and hit 25mph. I was just trying to go with a gas cart more run time and no charging. If i could see 22-23 mph that would be fine as well. this would just be for driving the neighbor hood and making trips to the local store lol. I'm looking at selling my current cart for the right price. And buying a new Can-Am Quad. thus the reason for a new build.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
Black Widow
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I've got a 2012 Precedent Gas, it will run 25mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (253.2 KB, 0 views)
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

what size motor is in your cart? and what size are those tires your running. i want something like your setup.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car