lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #11
Drew4u
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g8 low engine rpm till warms up

Ok so same thing today. Low power for awhile the jumps up. With the spark tester it gets a solid light when running slow the then when it picks up it flickers.
Drew4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2021, 03:10 PM   #12
Drew4u
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know if the coil on the plug wire needs to be grounded on the metal post that connect to the cart? Mine is not reading to ground should it be?
Old 10-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #13
Drew4u
Not Yet Wild

Ok I put the new plug in that you recommended and it started ok. I will check it again tomorrow. Does this indicate my carb need replaced. It does have a fuel smell driving it.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:37 PM   #14
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Drew - it's been awhile, but did you check the carb's float? I've got a back fire deal also, G8a, will check the hint on the throttle plate closing. I've been dealing with a complete ground meltdown, primarily in the accessory wiring - lights, turn signals. My current problem is that it will randomly go dead. Moved the spark coil off the engine and onto the air intake for the flywheel, hoping for a cooler environment. Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy, cart running, New Year.
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:28 AM   #15
Dannyb1171
Not Yet Wild

Drew4u, what was the end result? I have the same issue and cannot find any answers. I had also tested everything that was mentioned as well. Please let me know. Thanks
Dannyb1171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha g8
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha