lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #11
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carryall OBC Bypass for Summit Charger

Bypass complete including resistor. Charger app set up and charging underway in Phase 1. Yellow light on charger is flashing as it should. Odd thing is it started indicating 955 minutes remaining, then went to 987 with 5% charge, now after about an hour it says 911 min remaining and 13% charge. Shows voltage at 52.6

Don't understand the 5% charge thing. The cart would run before I bypassed the OBC so the charge couldn't have been at 5%.

The only guidance in the manual suggests the battery was heavily discharged. If that's correct it would have happened overnight after I bypassed the OBC. It sat over night before I set up the charger.

OBC bypass:
> battery neg to B- (still passing through OBC)
> connected grey to light blue, then added resistor, and connected to white
> remaining four wires at OBC harness cut and capped. OBC completely disconnected.
> receptacle negative to B-
> receptacle pos to battery pos
PMD3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2021, 10:22 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The SOC an Time Remaining are based on averages over multiple charge cycles, and will be way off when the charger is new. I don’t pay attention to those at all. I look at voltage and the amp output and guesstimate for myself. Somewhere between 1 and 12 hours, it will be done before tomorrow morning.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #13
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. You nailed it. I had gotten concerned and unplugged it. When I plugged things back in it showed 82% charged and 110 minutes left. An hour and a half later it's at 99% and about to finish!

New batteries, made up new cables, new smart charger, OBC bypass, motor rebuilt, headlights repaired, utility box actuator reconnected, removed bad voltage reducer, damaged roof repaired, cart all cleaned up and looks great. Hope controller hangs in there.

Thanks again for all the help. It's a great cart and will get lots of use around here.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #14
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Charging complete. Thread complete.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car