Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #1
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Default ISO: Club Car ds steering wheel

Would love to find a new old stock OEM steering wheel for my 90-91ish ds. Thanks
Dw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2022, 09:16 AM   #2
broschb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ISO: Club Car ds steering wheel

I have the stock steering wheel I pulled offy 84. I'm not sure if they are the same. I would be willing to part with it.
broschb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by broschb View Post
I have the stock steering wheel I pulled offy 84. I'm not sure if they are the same. I would be willing to part with it.
Ok, thank you. I’m now trying to figure out how hard it would be to fit the precedent comfort grip on my ds. Happen to know anything about that? Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw21 View Post
Ok, thank you. I’m now trying to figure out how hard it would be to fit the precedent comfort grip on my ds. Happen to know anything about that? Thanks again.
I don’t know about the old 3 spoke style steering wheels, but the newer style DS steering wheels you can press the medal hub out of the middle of the stock DS wheel. Then do the same on the precedent wheel and transfer/press the DS hub back into the precedent wheel. You’ll need a shop press to do it, but I’ve done it a couple times with no issues.

However the older 3 spoke steering wheels are different and I don’t know how that hub is attached to those wheels. But for you, by the time you buy a DS plastic wheel and a precedent wheel you’d be around the same price as a nice aftermarket wheel and the hub adapter. Makes more sense to go that route
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:46 PM   #5
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don’t know about the old 3 spoke style steering wheels, but the newer style DS steering wheels you can press the medal hub out of the middle of the stock DS wheel. Then do the same on the precedent wheel and transfer/press the DS hub back into the precedent wheel. You’ll need a shop press to do it, but I’ve done it a couple times with no issues.

However the older 3 spoke steering wheels are different and I don’t know how that hub is attached to those wheels. But for you, by the time you buy a DS plastic wheel and a precedent wheel you’d be around the same price as a nice aftermarket wheel and the hub adapter. Makes more sense to go that route
Thank you for the reply. I have aftermarket, but want OEM. 🤪
We ride our cart around watching our girl play high school golf, plus I play, keeping score is a pain without a card holder on the wheel. Plus, I’m a sucker for nice, clean oem look anyway. Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:40 AM   #6
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

This is what I would like to have. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6554F9B7-913E-41EE-9EC2-E935409BDC7C.jpeg (264.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts