lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
EdWilliams
Not Yet Wild

Default Best stock clutch for vtwin

I have set this up using foot start like a reg golf cart. I tried after market ezgo clutch. But it takes forever to shift out. I was told there is nothing you can do with these type clutches to make them shift faster. The puck models were great for 2 cycles but not 4 cycles. So who makes the fastest shifting strong stock clutch that I can keep my gen/starter.
Thanks Ed
EdWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Best stock clutch for vtwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWilliams View Post
I have set this up using foot start like a reg golf cart. I tried after market ezgo clutch. But it takes forever to shift out. I was told there is nothing you can do with these type clutches to make them shift faster. The puck models were great for 2 cycles but not 4 cycles. So who makes the fastest shifting strong stock clutch that I can keep my gen/starter.
Thanks Ed
You can use an aftermarket clutch with a 1" bore pulley behind it for the starter.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Best stock clutch for vtwin

I've heard of people putting the full load of the heaviest pucks in. Can you get a weaker spring? The problem is clutches without the primary spring (yamah) you can't tune, I think ezgo has one? but don't really know how good it is on a BB. Like above I'd say maybe better to get a different type of aftermarket and a pulley if you don't want to screw with it. The yamaha seem to work ok on clones but the rpm is not perfect. I'll be trying a G9 clutch on a clone soon with drilled weights, I ran a stock one and it is little low on rpm until you get moving around 15mph, at WOT. I put more preload in the secondary and it helped a little but not perfect. Does not run bad, just does not react enough at low speeds, it actually gets more rpm floored from a dead stop than from 5-10mph.

You can also try a utv clutch but may have the same rpm issue, most of them run much faster rpm all the time.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!